Saturday, June 13, 2009

Scrap or Dare #6


As much as I like colour challenges, I find them hard to use on a layout. I like to pick my paper based on the photos, not the other way around. However, I really wanted to work on a layout and not on a card, so I thought I'd try it. Amy's Scrap or Dare colours were barn red, outdoor demin, grey flannel and black. I tried, I really tried, but I couldn't make the barn red work with the cute gear paper, so I substituted autumn terracotta. It's close-ish?
Supplies used:
Outdoor denim, autumn terracotta cardstock - CTMH
Gear paper - CM (I know I'm a CTMH consultant, but I'm also an equal opportunity scrapper, hence the paper addict label!)
Ribbon - my stash
Stamp set - Framed Moments CTMH
Wall-E design - my own (I think he needs some buttons or something on his tummy, I may have to play some more)

2 comments:

Iona said...

It's really cute and DOES go with the picture...it works hehe :D

I had to use the only grey I had...not sure if it was wool or flannel, but like you it works. Thanks for playing along with me in this challenge!!

Amy Schultz said...

That works perfectly! what a cutie he is!!

Thanks for playing :D