Thursday, July 2, 2009

Christmas in July


While blog surfing, I found this site by Sparkle, she posts a weekly Christmas Card challenge, so I thought it might be fun to play along. But I still hadn't used the Scrap or dare combo of black, white and Buttercup, so I decided to Frankenstein the two.
Not sure I like it - but maybe I just can't get my head around a Christmas card that isn't green and red. Maybe my mood is matching the weather outside, and I'm just all around glum, who knows. I do love the Heartfelt whimsy diecuts, they're so easy to use and add a nice touch.
Everything is CTMH except the red stickles and ribbon, I used Festive frills and Wonderful Season stamp sets, and I embossed the sentiment.
Anyway, I'm off to pack for a weekend in Halifax, hopefully I'll be back to post something new on Monday. (we're flying stand by, you never know)

3 comments:

BananaStamper said...

Hi Emma,
This is gorgeous! I have also been trying to do Sparkle's Christmas card challenge, so I linked to you from there. I have been enjoying your blog and noticed a layout of the Bowmanville zoo - would that be the Bowmanville in Ontario? I grew up not far from there...just wondering. I'm also a CTMH consultant. Congrats on starting your blog, you've posted lots for just getting started!
Shanna

Amy Schultz said...

I struggle with Christmas cards that are other than green and red as well! But think this turned out very elegant. The felt pieces are def fun and easy -- never would have thought to use that as a Christmas dove! and the touch of red is just wonderful!

Thanks for playing :)

Sparkle said...

I love non traditional Christmas cards and this is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us!