Monday, July 13, 2009

A fun fishy card



Well, I've scrubbed off all the dirt and bug repellent, (and boy did we ever need that!) tossed all the dirty clothes in the laundry room, and am studiously ignoring all the rest of the housework that gets ignored when you go away for the weekend. The boys are helping my scrap time immensely by playing outside - they watched the garbage truck go by, and have been playing "garbage truck" with the van and the empty bins since.
I used sketch 124 from Card Positioning Systems, Colour Chef combo 14 (orange, turquoise and brown) and a challenge from 365 cards to make a clear window. After searching through my entire stash for a transparency, I finally gave in and stole a piece of backing from my kids stickers. And since the stickers were so cute, I added them too! Both the orange and blue papers are from a Walmart pack, and I used Beary Best, Free Spirit and Shing Star stamp sets. (CTMH)
I also used CTMH Liquid Glass to make the "bubbles".



These are my kids with Smoky the Bear at Bon Echo Provincial Park, where we camped for the weekend.

5 comments:

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Very cute card Emma. Nice job on combining the challenges too.
Regards
Michelle M

Lost in Paper said...

what a fun card!!

~amy~ said...

fun card and pic!

TesaB said...

LOL! This is too cute!

Gloria Stengel said...

That bear cracked me up. I don't like to go any place where bug repelent is required. I am not an outdoor girl so I am proud of you! LOL