Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fun with balloons



Do you find that when you pull out a stamp set you haven't used in a while, you want to keep using it? I did this birthday layout last night and liked the balloons so much I made a card with them! The layout is an adaptation of a sketch from Scrapbooks Etc magazine, but the colour scheme (aqua, granny smith green & kraft) is from If the shoe fits, scrap it. I didn't really have any kraft, I hope this is close enough. I'm noticing a lot of teal, aqua and turquoise in challenges lately, must be a summer thing!
I used Good Times and Atomic lower stamp sets, CTMH, the green paper is SEI, the tan is Stampin' Up and the aqua is Fancy Pants.



Since I was having so much fun with the balloons, I used them again on this card. I used the Unscripted Sketches layout again and the deep red, pumpkin, saffron, celery, blue and white colour scheme from Kwerner. I used Happy Birthday, Good Times and True Happiness stamp sets from CTMH and October Afternoon's Nightlife stamp set. Super simple card, but fun for a little person!

6 comments:

Terri E. said...

This litle guy is great! Super fun job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Michelle said...

hi emma.. this is my first visit to your wonderful blog...ive scrolled back thru many posts...and want to say that your cards are fantastic....i love your style!..
i'll be back to visit often

thanks a bunch for linking my blog candy here on your sidebar..and good luck with your chance to win
hugs
michelle

Amy Schultz said...

hey, didnt know you played along with kwerner too! Just posted mine last night :) This lil guy is cute hehe, fun card!

scrappysharon said...

OHHh i love the cards!
how cute !
ok found you on bb just so you know on CTMH :)
love the bloggie !

Jenny said...

So sweet!! Thanks for joining in on Unscripted Sketches!!!

Hugs,
Jenny

lesleyworth said...

Fabulous use of the colors in our challenge! I love the LO! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Shoe!