Saturday, July 18, 2009

A gloomy Saturday



Woke up to a rainy Saturday, yet again. It feels like it's been raining for the whole month of July here, and I'm feeling a little mossy! Oh well, I'm getting lots of scrapping done, what else am I gonna do when it's pouring, housework? (NOT!)
Pile It On had a sketch this week, so I used that along with a colour challenge from the Colour Throwdown (lavender, green and saffron). I've also been poking around 365 Cards, they have a new challenge every day. Kudos to those ladies there who manage to complete all 7 challenges!
Day 139's challenge was to use paper piercing, something I haven't done in a while. Pretty, but understated, next time I might put a contrasting colour behind the holes to help them stand out.
Anyway, gotta go drag my kids inside, it's raining again! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Very creative take on the sketch!! Love the flowers and the piercing! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Vickilyn said...

Very cute!! Love the paper piercing!

Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!

~Vicki
Owner

stamprgrl said...

oh... Iike the poking... LOL!!!!! so is the flower a die cut?

Thanks for Playing at Pile It On!

-- dalis
PIO Owner

Pam said...

This is a lovely card, Emma - love the pierced flourishes! Thanks for playing along at 365 Cards :)

Krista Ritskes said...

Cute! I love the piercing!

Deanna said...

So pretty, love the arched sentiment!
Thanks for playing!
Dee @ Pile It On!

Juliana said...

Pretty!
I really like how you shaded the flowers!