Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lilies and snowmen?



Well, the lawn didn't get cut, but I did deadhead and weed my flowerbeds, so I got something done. I tend to dump all the clippings on the lawn and then mow over them, so now I have to mow, ugh. I added some pictures of my lilies, aren't they pretty? The Stargazers are just coming out, they're my favourite.
Here I am blabbing about lilies and then posting a Christmas Card, hee hee! The Cuttlebug Spot challenge this week was a Christmas card, and the colours at Raspberry Suite were moss, white, red and pink, so it worked out great. Until I finished the card and realized I hadn't embossed anything which is kind of a requirement for the Cuttlebug Spot. Ah well, I still managed to cram in a few more challenges, Pile it on for watercolours, Pink Elephant for the sketch and one from 365 cards to use a homaphone. I went with yule/you'll, but kinda stretched it to "you all".
I used Evensong paper and Tiny Typewriter stamps set from CTMH, brads from my stash, and
an image from Doodledragon designs.
Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

PaperCrafty said...

Very cute!! Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

Ann said...

So cute - a great card.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

raindropecho said...

Great job, love that little bit of stitching! The sentiment is too cute :D Thanks for joining us this week!
- Ann @ Pile It On!

Purple D said...

Ha ha, love the word play!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Cute card, love the snowman! Thanks for joining in a Pile It On! ~ Denise :)

Terri E. said...

What a cute snowman. Love your flowers as well. Way to rock this color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

stamprgrl said...

hi emma!
I love your vibrant watercolors, I can never get them so vibrant!

Thanks for Playing with us @ Pile It On!

-- dalis

Amy Schultz said...

aw, emma... this is so cute! Your watercoloring is perfect!

Amy- Pile It On Dt

Maureen said...

So adorable - love the heart brads! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Tina said...

great sentiment! good on you for getting an early start on the holiday cards!

Deanna said...

Love it! Great coloring!

Thanks for playing!

Dee fr Pile It On DT