Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Simple is best



I've been on a "simple" kick lately, working right off the card base and not doing a whole bunch of embellishing. (Either that, or I have to admit I'm lazy and I don't want to spend hours on one card!) I've seen some really elegant, minimalist cards and that is what I was aiming for here, and I think I got it with this one.
I used Nesties Labels 4 to make the frame, the I used a serendipity technique I got from the Cuttlebug Spot to make the hearts. First, I ripped up some pieces of Evensong paper and red cardstock from CTMH, then I glued it down randomly. Next, I ran the whole thing through my cuttlebug with the Divine Swirls folder and finally punched it into hearts. I made the fourth heart with eyelets (I haven't used them in ages, since I've started doing all these challenges I'm really digging into the old supplies) and stamped Adore at the bottom of the card. It took me less than 1/2 hour, which for me is a record!
Of course, having a nice sketch from Unscripted Sketches helped, and the red, black and cream colours came from If the Shoe Fits, Scrap it. Darn it, I just went to If the Shoe Fits, and it's supposed to be red, brown and cream. I hope they'll accept it anyway!
Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

KarenB said...

Fab job! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot and especially thanks for trying my favorite technique!! KarenB

lesleyworth said...

I think it's a fantastic card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Shoe...we just may have to look the other way on the brown/black thing!

Lesley

Sarah said...

Great card! I love the technique you used I have never seen that before..it looks so pretty. The eyelets are a cool touch (I never use mine either) Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted !!

whoistracy said...

This is so cute Emma! I love those hearts.

Steph said...

Very pretty! Love the hearts! So glad you played with us again this week! Beautiful take!

Bree said...

too cute.. love it

Jenny said...

What a beautiful, elegant card!!

Thank you for joining Unscripted Sketches, we hope you'll return and inspire us again.

I have signed up to follow you and hope you'll follow my blog: www.ThisEverydayLife.com and Unscripted Sketches.

Until later, have a great weekend!!

Hugs,
Jenny

Jeannie Phillips said...

I just love how you embossed the hearts!!!...beautiful job!... I love it... thank you so much for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot

hugs
Jeannie