Thursday, July 23, 2009

A very long evening



This may be a record for the longest it's ever taken me to make a card. Remember yesterday, when I was rambling on about simple, quick cards? Yeah, well this is not it!
I started with a pink, yellow and white colour scheme from the Colour Chef and a cute sketch from Mojo Monday that made me want to try and weave ribbon for the background. One hour later, with much cursing and swearing, I tossed the whole thing out and started over. This time, I stamped the background with the Boutique borders stamp set from CTMH (I got the idea of making "wallpaper" with this set from another CTMH consultant, and just love it) and added just a strip of ribbon. Once I added the circle piece with the sheep, (Inkadinkadoo) I thought it needed a little extra oomph, so I used some stick on gems.
After all that, (2+ hours, the entire run of So You Think You Can Dance) this turned out to be one of the best cards I've made in a while! Funny how things turn out, huh?
PS, I think I can sneak this in at the Pink Elephant too, I've been wanting to try one of their challenges, and this week's is animals.
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Crafty Jenn said...

This is so adorable! I love the Boutique Borders. I need to buy those. Great job on both the challenges!

Stop by for my Bloggaversary BLOG CANDY!

Ann said...

Well worth the time you put in - the card is fab. so glad you shared it with us at the Pink Elephant. Hope we'll see you again next week.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sweet Momiji said...

That is adorable! :)

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable card!! The image is so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

Carol said...

Very sweet image and colours...perfect for our challenge at TPE thanks for playing along :)

Hugs
Carol x

Kelly Jo said...

this is so sweet- love how you used the border stamp. That is one of my faves- thanks for playing along!