Friday, August 7, 2009

NEW SHAPE UP Challenge!

I've been having so much fun playing some of the many challenges that are out there, so in a moment of insanity, I decided I should try and host my own challenge. Once I'd made the decision, I had to figure out what kind of challenge. There's lots of fabulous challenges out there, and I wanted to do something somewhat unique. (I hope!) So here it is, the very first edition of my SHAPE UP challenge - to make shaped cards!
Part of the inspiration for this comes from the fact that I am guilty, guilty, guilty of always making the same size card. While the package of 50 cards and envies from WalMart is a great deal, always working in the same medium can be stagnating, and I needed a change. I had so much fun making this rocket ship card, I want to make more!



Supplies used: cardstock - CTMH, eyelets - my stash, stamps - All Decked out and Playful flourishes, both CTMH, marker. The design is mine, adapted from a stamp from the Reach for the stars stamp set. I also went to the Colour throwdown for some colour inspiration and piled on some eyelets for the challenge at Practical Scrappers.

This week's challenge is CELESTIAL OBJECTS. Stars, planets, ships, whatever you can think of from up in the sky. I want to see your creatively shaped cards. Just link up with Mr.Linky or leave your link in the comments section. Entries are due by next friday the 14th.
Please pass the work around about my new challenge, and of course, I love to hear from you! Oh, and don't forget to check out my DT post for details!
(ps, ignore the friday feast part of Mr.Linky, I need to figure a few more things out still)

I will be away on vacation starting first thing in the morning, so i won't be posting this week. i will be checking in though, and I can't wait to see your shaped cards!

9 comments:

stamprgrl said...

emma,
what an awesome idea!!!! how about you share with us the template you used for your rocketship too.. LOL!!! I just adore it!

-- dalis

P.S. To be able to add it to Pile It On! I need to know if you are going to be doing it every Friday or once a month, or not a specific day at all to know which section to add you to. Good LUCK!

Sylvia said...

What a great card. I bet you did have fun making this card! I am sure your boys will think this is a great card too. Thanks for playing.

Penny said...

at the mr linky site you creat your own meme, I would title it shape up, 'casue that's what your doing. fridayfeast is someone elses site so that's why that came up like that? well I think. Im new to mr linky too though... lol

beckynoelle said...

I love your card! What a great challenge :)
I'm also guilty of sticking with the standard sized cards so i'm looking forward to playing along with you challenges!

I'd also love to be considered for your design team :)
my email's beckynoelle@gmail.com

Kim said...

Fantastic card! I love your shape up card! If you're going to do a weekly challenge, let me know, I want to play along, but just now discovered you! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Elise said...

Ohhhhh, goodness! You had a WHOLE LOT of fun creating this little gem! DARLING work!

Kim said...

I just submitted a card and would love the opportunity to design for you! Here's my email
neeneesparks@gmail.com
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lynn said...

Emma:
What a great idea. I love making cards, and am interested in being on your Design Team. You can check out my work on my blog or if you need some other creations, e-mail me and I'll send some more to you.
Hugs,
Lynn

LeAnne said...

HOW CUTE! What a great take on your own first challenge! Glad you were able to incorporate our colors, too!