Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer mermaid



So I've never really got the whole "little girl" stamp thing - I always thought they were a bit too "cutesy", animals being more my thing. Well, I think I've been converted! While I was shopping in London I found this Mermaid Emma stamp from CCDesigns, and of course I had to buy it cause her name's Emma. Now I've actually used her, and it came out so cute, I need more! Sometimes you just have to try stuff.
And I have so much stuff to try! Seriously, I managed not to forget my CTMH order under my desk at work today, there's all the stuff I bought, and then I got 2 blog candy prizes in the mail! A big thanks to the girls at Card Positioning Systems and DRS designs and Avila for all my great stuff!
Anyway, both the Pink Elephant and Stamp Challenges were looking a for "summer" inspiration and If the Shoe Fits had a colour combo of lime green/hot pink. (doesn't that just sceam summer?)
The sketch is from Unscripted sketches, paper is Rob & Bob studio, "cool" tag is Making Memories and green cardstock is CTMH. Whew!

13 comments:

itsabrt said...

How darling is this, I love your usage of lined paper on the dots emossing! BR-T

Ann said...

Love that image and the embossing on your background really works well.
A great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the PInk Elephant.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Steph said...

Very cute, love the mermaid! Great take on this weeks Unscripted sketch, so glad you joined us!

Crystal said...

Very cute! The color combo is fun!

whoistracy said...

This is so sweet Emma. Love that striped paper.

Trudi said...

Very cute and cheery. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

Kristy said...

Entirely too cute! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at The Shoe!

LORi said...

Wow.. Love it!!
So happy you joined us this week at The Pink Elephant!!

Lori
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Liz said...

that little mermaid is the sweetest thing Love your take on the Sketch.

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Very cute image! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Sarah said...

Too cute! Love that image and all the cool colors! Thanks for playing along at Unscripted Sketches :-)

Tere said...

MOG, this is soooo cute!!!!

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable card!! Love the fun colors and sweet Emma image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com