Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Apples for the teacher



Amy over at Scrap or Dare had an interesting challenge this week, to make a tree with leaves that are anything but leaves. I think she was looking for something a little more creative than apples, but I was aiming for a back to school card for the Pink Elephant and thought the 2 would go well. Colours are from Kelly at the Colour Chef, crystal blue, cranberry, cocoa and cream. All supplies are CTMH.
Not feeling too chatty today, just want to pass along my best wishes to my cousin Phil. He was in a motorcycle accident in Spain, he's out of intensive care, but we're still waiting to hear more news. Got my fingers crossed - we're thinking of you Phil!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Love, love, love this card, Emma! Love the embossing folders you used. Very creative and I know the teacher who receives this will LOVE it too!
blessings,
Kim xXx
I've got candy up for grabs!!!

Amy Schultz said...

OH my goodness! I love this! Thanks for joining me with this challenge! I love the apples... you are allowed to give the apples leaves :) hehe

Jamie Lane said...

Card is adorable!

Ann said...

wow great idea and the apples look fantastic. What an interesting challenge that was?

You rocked it.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Amy Schultz said...

just looking at your color combo again and loving it haha, oh and t his week there is a prize because today is my Birthday!!!! So hope you will along again this week! :)

Amanda Profumo said...

Cute, cute! Love your tree!

PaperCrafty said...

Great card!! Love the texure behind the adorable apple tree!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Kelly Jo said...

I just love it!!! The cuttelbug background works perfect as a sky background against your tree!