Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Feeling like fall Part 2



Hmm, back to work today after 3 days off. Not sure I got much done, I think my brain is still on vacation! I did manage to make this card last night, we'll see how much energy I have tonight to finish up the last of the red, yellow and orange challenges.
Over at the Shoe, they were looking for all 3 colors, but I didn't want to do a "fall" card. Instead, I went with a sketch from Unscripted Sketches and made a birthday card for Pile It On.
The orange and red paper is Prima, the yellow is My Mind's Eye and the letters are cut with my Cuttlebug. I picked up a Cuttlekids alpha, it was only $15.00, way cheaper than a regular alpha. I forsee myself using it a lot now I've dug it out - like on every page!
The Birthday cake is stamped using the exclusive stamp set that came with the "Everyday celebrations" free kit from CTMH - I'm looking forward to digging into that too.
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

suzARTe said...

great card
love the way you have included the cake behind the title

Katie said...

That's a great birthday card!
I love the colors and popped up cake.
Thanks for playing along at PIO.

Susan said...

Great colors on your card! I like your interpretation of this weeks Unscripted Sketch. Great job!

Sarah said...

LOVE the popped up cake with the letter...great take on this weeks sketch!
Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted!

Deanne K said...

What a great idea, putting the "P" on the cake. Love your card!!

Lori said...

Very cool! I love how you used the colors!

Jennifer said...

Fabulous card! That cake adorable. And I love the patterned papers you chose. Thank you for playing with Pile It On! this week.

jennifer PIO DT

almondeyez2000 said...

Well, you certainly pulled the colors off! Love that cake behind the title, it gives it a cool little effect!
Thanks Emma for playing over at The Shoe!
Tanisha~

itsabrt said...

Hey your card is so fun for the season, thanks for joing US again! Beth

Carolyn V said...

How clever and cool!

Oh, and my name is Carolyn V... and I, too, am a paper addict. Forget the 12 steps, though. I'm havin' the time of my life!! :D

Marcy said...

Really nice, Emma. I love the colors you selected. Great take on the sketch, too!
Thanks for joining US this week.
Hugs,
Marcy

Tracey said...

too cute! what a clever birthda card! thanks for joining us at teh Shoe!
tracey

Sweet Momiji said...

Awesome take on the sketch!! I love how you used the two stripes for the title!! That was a great idea!! Thanks for playing!! I love your style! :)

Smiles!
Hollie

Southernbelle said...

Super cute! I love it! Thanks for joining US this week!

Aymee

Brenda said...

Awesome card, love the papers!! Thank you for playing with Pile It On this week.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

wow great way to combine the challenges!! What a fun card! Thanks for playing along with US this week!

stamprgrl said...

emma,
love the dimension on this one...great card!

Thanks for playing w/ the Pile It On! this week!
-- dalis