Thursday, September 17, 2009

Off my lazy butt..



DH is away this week, and the plan was to scrap like crazy. So far, it's Thursday and I've made 1 card1. Last night saw me sacked out on the couch, stuffing my face and watching really trashy TV. (America's Top Model and Toddlers in Tiaras, both of which make me very glad I have little boys!)
This is the card I did finish, it came out pretty cute, although it's very apparent I need a new set of Nesties! Both the labels I have are square - do they make rectangle label shapes? (If you look closely, you can see where I trimmed out the middle!) Anyway, I used a sketch from Unscripted Sketches and a colour combo from SP Colour Combos. Pile it On was looking for a "pop" of colour, which worked great with the rust, black and white. Lastly, ABC was looking for 'D'iecuts - that was easy!
The stamp set is the new Beware set from CTMH. Boo!

17 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. Great job with all the challenges. Thanks for playing with Unscripted this week.

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Love this card! Great job with the SPCC colors!

Danielle said...

I love how you used the rust as a pop of color, and the swirly way the black goes up the side. Very nice!!
So glad you joined us this week at SPCC!!

itsabrt said...

I love this stamp! Way to play this week and all is good sometimes we just have to shut down! Beth

Susan said...

Your card is wonderful! I can identify with the whole excitement of a week to scrap, and then producing one card!

Emily said...

Wow!! I love this. So creative

Emily-SP Diva

Elise said...

REALLY CUTE and elegant work! I love the graphic simplicity but BEAUTY! Your work is wonderful!

Sweet Momiji said...

Beautiful card!! Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with US!!

Hollie

IRIT SHALOM said...

REALLY LOVE YOUR CARD- AND THE COLORS AND THE PUNCH U USED. THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH OUR #23 SKETCH

Brenda said...

Very cool card, love the colors! Thank you for playing with PIO this week.

stamprgrl said...

this is spooky MEETS gorgeous... wow!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On! I hope you come back for more Piling!

-- dalis

Kristin said...

Beautiful card I love all the bats!

Heidi said...

This is really neat!

Heidi SP Diva

Lynn said...

Just looking through the cards for SPCC and wanted to tell you how cute yours is! Those bats are adorable! Great job!

Crystal said...

Great card!

Maureen said...

Very cool! Love the swirly bat image and the cut out bat too! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

thescrapmaster said...

Wow Emma! This is so pretty! That big swirl is awesome!!!! Thanks so much for playing along!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com