Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Scrappin Great Deals October Kit

Wow, I'm so excited, I get to be a guest designer!
I found this great store online called Scrappin Great Deals in the spring and ordered a few things, and then managed to finangle a visit to the store while we were in London. So much stuff, I could've have spent ages there if DH wasn't lurking in the parking lot with the kids! Anyhoo, they have a monthly kit, and suggested I apply to be a guest designer. Well, wasn't I blown away when they offered me the October kit to play with! Honestly, it probably sat on my table for two weeks while I plotted and planned, and then finally got up the courage to do something with it. So here it is, I hope you enjoy what I've done with it.


Right out of the package, the first paper I saw was the one with the owls from Best Creation Inc. Too cute, I am so into owls right now! I was ready to slap a picture on it ans sling it in the album as is, but I thought I better do something with it! I added a photo matt, and the scalloped strip which I trimmed from a piece by Pink Paislee. To finish it off, I added a title made with Thickers letters. Easy! (oh, I couldn't resist a cute close up of the owls - love it!)


Next I used another piece from Best Creation. I split it and added a piece from My Mind's Eye, cut some holes and then pop dotted the whole thing. It's hard to see, but the pumpkins are recessed. I can't take credit for this, I saw this idea in the most recent Scrapbooks Etc magazine and wanted to try it. I used the cute mini stamps to add the bats to the photo strip.


For the third layout, I wanted to get away from Halloween for a bit, so I used some of the tags from Pink Paislee to make a layout about my boy - that's not actually a mug shot there, he's only six! I used a sheet from We R Memory keepers, it already has a cool grungy border on, so I didn't need to add much.



Then I made some cards, using more of the Pink Paislee tags. They would be perfect for wrapping some Halloween goodies up, but they worked pretty great for cards too. I used some more of the Thickers, these neat little beady things and some of the felt trim. I just cut a couple of the pumpkins off and stuck them on, they're self adhesive, which is a good thing with felt.



Finally, I thought I'd leave you with a picture of some of the leftovers - there was some great lace paper, more We R Memory Keepers paper, cardstock and more. Guess I'll have to take lots of pictures at Halloween so I can use up the rest!
Just want to pass along a great big thank you to Scrappin Great Deals for letting me be guest designer - don't forget to check out their site!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Great work!

Sarah said...

Thanks for playing along! You've created some fun cards and I like the 'little boo' layout!