Thursday, October 8, 2009

My tape won't stick!



Aagh, I tried this faux pleated ribbon technique on my card, but I ran out of double sided tape part way, and the bits that did have tape keep coming unstuck. This was Amy's challenge this week at Scrap or Dare, and I'm not entirely thrilled with the results. However, I promise to try it again when I have more sticky stuff!
The sketch today is Mojo Monday, the colour are from SPCC (and boy, did I ever have a hard time with this one, CTMH doesn't really have anything resembling peach, the closest I could come was Taffy) It turned out kind of masculine, which is good, as you never know when you're gonna need a card for a guy.
I also pop dotted the star to add dimension for the Pile it on challenge this week. Happy crafting!

12 comments:

Amy Liz Schultz said...

haha you made me smile... sorry that you ran out of tape for the technique... I havent even posted my card that I did with the technique -- SO BAD!! This is a great masculne card though, love the colors!

btw, I posted my challenge late last week and on time this week, so that is probably why you are a little confused. Either way, thanks so much for joining my challenge!

thescrapmaster said...

Emma! HA HA I love your story and your title drew me in, LOVE IT!! LMBO!! I LOVE that star, wow it is pretty!!!

OK I totally understand your tape pain. Could you try staples or a sewing machine? The only time I got really good pleats was with stapling or sewing across them. With the stapling, you can staple directly over the pleats for a messy look, or you can "hide" the staples by stapling and then folding your ribbon so the staples are only inside the pleats. .. I hope that makes sense.

Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

Susan said...

I like the effect that you got with your "not quite pleated" ribbon! Thanks for using SPCC colors.

Katie said...

Great story but I'm sorry you had trouble!
Thanks for playing at PIO this week.

Crystal said...

Love the star, and the colors! I think it turned out good...you could always staple down the ribbon :)

Danielle said...

I think it looks lovely!!
So glad you decided to add it to our SPCC challenge this week!!

Sandra Farrell said...

very cool - love the star!

Heidi said...

I think your card came out awesome! The messy pleats look cool. And that star is fabulous!

Heidi - SP Diva

Emily said...

Nonetheless...amazing!

Emily-SP Diva

Krista Ritskes said...

Love the way you've used the star set! Too bad the ribbon didn't want to stay. Sorbet is a good peach colour.

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Great job! Love that star!

Kristin said...

i hate running outta sticky stuff too, but your CARD is FABULOUS!