Friday, October 23, 2009

Pleated ribbon take 2



Wow, two posts in one day, that's almost a record for me. However, I decided to try out a few new challenges to 'challenge' myself and the deadline for Caardvarks is tonight, so here I am. The Caardvarks challenge is for 'tall cards' and this sketch from card Patterns was easy to stretch. To finish up, I used the colours from SPCC, artichoke, celery and rust. Not sure about my shade of green, I think I need to get my hands on a SU catalog so I can match colours easier. Although if I dug around, I'm sure I can find a comparison chart of SU and CTMH colours.
If you remember, I had trouble the last time I tried to pleat ribbon, my tape kept unsticking. I figured if I used brads, there was no way it was moving! I really like the look of this, and I was quite ready to keep the card as is except I needed to stick some green on there somewhere! Definately something I will do again.
Anyway, it's late and I'm tired, and I know DS will be up in the night with this fever, so I'm off to bed. Night!

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow what a cool and unique way to sue ribbon. Sooo creative!
http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/

Sandra Farrell said...

NICE! I really like what you did with that ribbon. Thanks for playing!

Kristina said...

What a fantastic ribbon technique, I have never seen it before. Great job.

lauren said...

oh wow! what a brilliant technique to add *BRADS* to your pleated ribbon: both for security (i hear THAT!!!) and heck it just looks totally cool as well! i'm definitely trying this, thanks for the inspiration! :)

SmilynStef said...

What a fabulous way to pleat your ribbon ... gorgeous tall card design.

Melisa said...

Great job with the pleating, what a neat idea. I love the look of tall cards.

Melisa-SP Diva

thescrapmaster said...

Very pretty. I love your ribbon around the circle!!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

Danielle said...

Great job with the ribbon!
So glad you joined us this week at SPCC!

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Love this technique with the ribbon! Great job!!

Kristin said...

This is a fabulous Card!

Heidi said...

Oh, wow! Gorgeous pleating!!

Heidi SP Diva

Emily said...

ooohh...love it!

Emily-SP Diva