Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spooky patterns



Scrap or Dare last week (I know, I seem to be perpetually behind there) was to use 5 patterns. On a layout that's not to bad, on a card, it can be pretty busy! I wimped out a bit and went with some double sided We R Memory Keepers paper, it was double sided, so with 2 pieces, I got 4 patterns that all matched. It also worked for the Colour Chef challenge as Kelly Jo was looking for Black, orange, purple and green this week, perfect for Halloween, which just happens to also be the theme at Pile it on this week. I love it when challenges mesh and play nice together!
Sketch is from CPS, and I think the witch is Making Memories, although I'm not sure about that one.
I'm off to try out my new steam cleaner, isn't it sad when you get excited about cleaning products? Sigh, I guess that's how you know you're grown up!

4 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE all of the layers of your card! LOVE the witch and the cobwebs! Spooktacular!

Denise Clark said...

I understand about the excitement over cleaning products. I got excited over a new hot water heater! LOL

Great card! Love the black in the background. Great witch on the broom!

Jennifer said...

So cute! Great detail. Thank you for letting me visit. Thank you for playing along with Pile It On! this week. Hope you'll play again in the future!

Jennifer PIO DT

Katie said...

Super work!
Great combo of challenges and thanks for playing at PIO this week!
Katie

PS, I have blog candy up for grabs!
at Both Sides of the Paper