Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two cards - One silly, one serious



I had a very productive night last night, I was on my own so I got lots done once the kids were in bed. I started with a new (to me anyway!) challenge - Clean and Simple Sketches, added in the SPCC colour challenge and topped it off with a Just Us Girls (JUGS, hee hee!) challenge to use 3D flowers. I hope mine are 3D enough, I pop dotted them up to add a little extra oomph. (Oh, and I added the border punch again, sorry!)



After that, I was still feeling crafty so I thought I'd go for round 2. When I saw the sketch from CPS this week, I immediately thought 'spider', which was perfect because Stamp Something and The Cuttlebug Spot were doing a Halloween challenge, and the Pink Elephant wanted black, hardware and distressing. Lesson learned, you really can't distress black cardstock unless it has a white core, had to distress my letters instead! It's a totally goofy card, but the kids are already fighting over who gets to give it to their teacher!

As promised, more candy - Trish at Diamond Doll Crafty Space is offering up some more British candy and Jacilynn is offering up yummy birthday candy, so check them out! Maybe if I have some time tomorrow, I'll hunt for some more candy, you can never have too much!

19 comments:

Stampin' Pam said...

Emma thes flowers are so pretty. I like how you edged both sides of your paper with the border punch - nice accent. Thanks SO much for playing along with Just Us Girls! I hope you had a great time and will join us again next Saturday for a brand new WILD CARD challenge.

Emily said...

Both adorable!

Emily-SP Diva

Melisa said...

Those cards are just too cute!

Melisa-SP Diva

Scrappy Witch said...

Wonderful spider! Thank you for joining us at The Pink Elephant Challenge this week!

Betty

Ann said...

love them both but the silly one gave me the biggest smile.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Margie said...

OMG! Love that spider card!!!! Awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!

Crystal said...

Great cards!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Both of your cards are awesome! I like the texture you gave the big spider! Your 3-D flowers are very pretty! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls. I hope you join us Saturday for a new fun challenge!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Too cute and so perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something! :)

Kristin Bueter said...

Emma, love your thank you card and those pretty flowers you created! Your color scheme is fab also!! Just gorgeous :)

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you on Saturday for a fun Wild Card challenge I'm hosting! You don't want to miss it...EVERY participant will be a winner!!

Andrea M said...

Great cards!!!!

thescrapmaster said...

OH, I like that spider!! Your flowers rock too.
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Okay, that spider is genius!!!

Great cards!

Kristina said...

Great use of the spcc colours this week - love your card - Love your spider card too!!

Susan said...

What cute cards. Thanks for using SPCC colors.

Danielle said...

Great card for SPCC!! You used the colors beautifully!
So glad you joined us this week at SPCC!

KarenB said...

Oh gosh that spider is way too cute!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week! KarenB

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Such cute cards! Great job with the SPCC color combo!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love both these cards!