Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back from beyond



Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around this week. I volunteered to do inventory at work, which required staying late several evenings and working all weekend. Needless to say, nothing else got done, which meant by Sunday night my house was a disaster! Things are mostly back to normal now, but boy, I sure can't wait for the weekend to get some rest!
I managed to sit down and make a card last night, I used a sketch from Card Patterns, a colour scheme from the Colour Chef and a recipe from Cooking with Katie. (flowers, clear shapes and a sketch) Just a very simple card, but I like how this turned out. The black flower border is a fuzzy adhesive tape I got from a dollar store and now I'm kicking myself I didn't get more, cause it's so nice. The clear shapes are from CTMH, as is the cardstock. Also, Just us Girls is looking for embossing, it added a nice touch to my squares.
Hopefully, I'll have more to post tomorrow, but I'm hosting a crop this weekend, so at some point I have to get ready for that. (I forsee a very busy Friday night!) See you later!

5 comments:

Andrea M said...

This is such a lovely card! Hope you get some time to relax.
Oh yeah, thought I would mention, your card actually qualifies for another challenge:) Crazy 4 challenges - their challenge is to use acetate on a card. Your clear hearts work so perfectly :)

Stampin' Pam said...

Well done - very nice touch to the squares. overall cute card. Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you again on Saturday for our next challenge!

whoistracy said...

This is so cute Emma! I love the clear hearts you added and that wonderful black flower border.

Kristin Bueter said...

Emma, I love your simple, yet stunning design with those faux hearts and that black, flowered layer!! Really makes a big impact to your overall design!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope to see you on Saturday for a fun color challenge hosted by Lisa!

Denise Clark said...

Love this card! That floral adhesive tape is really pretty! Love those hearts too! Terrific job!