Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Imagination vs. reality



Let's just say reality won this round! Hee hee, it's actually not a bad card and I like the design, but the toilet paper just did not work like I wanted. Yes, you read that right, toilet paper. Blame it on the Everything but the Kitchen sink challenge, which I found recently and thought would be fun. Hmmm...
So here's what I learned:
1. Toilet paper doesn't tear well. or in other words, it tears too well and not where you want it.
2. Separate your plys first, otherwise they may come apart later when you don't want them too.
3. Toilet paper sticks well to paper, but it's very hard to glue more TP on top. It tends to rip and tear when you try and add adhesive on top.
4. I will probably not be using TP on my cards again!
In all fairness though, this was a neat challenge and certainly made me think outside the box. Can't wait to see what's up next!
I did use a sketch from Sweet Sunday, a colour combo from Frosted designs, and it's Christmas-y for Scrap or Dare.
Darn, I just missed the deadline for the kitchen sink, gotta start earlier on the next one.
PS, I'm working inventory all week and weekend, so I may not see you much - hopefully I'll post more next week!

3 comments:

Karen Giron said...

You are a brave, brave soul! I would have never thought to use TP on a card, but that is the beauty of these challenges right? I love your card - it is so cute {I'm a sucker for snowmen, wink}

~kelly marie~ said...

Love the TP snow!! It looks great! Thank you so much for playing along at EbtKS!

Jessica said...

Great job on this super cute card - how original! I love the glitter on the TP - I can't imagine that that would have been especially easy. Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs - I hope to see more of your wonderful work soon!