Saturday, January 23, 2010

An apology



Hi everyone,
I know it has bee quite a while (over a month) since I last posted, and I've been feeling pretty guilty about that. I took a break for Christmas, but after all the Christmas hoopla was over, I found myself procrastinating about posting. Partly it was the stress of a new job (yes, I got the job by the way, and have now been there 2 weeks) but a lot of it was just funk. When you feel like you have to do something, it loses some of the 'fun' and becomes a chore just like any other.
Originally, I was trying to post daily, or close to it, but it was just a little much. The new goal is less quantity, but (hopefully!) higher quality.
Having actually made a card, the first in quite a while, I hope I'm not to late to enter in a few challenges:
First up is Doodle Dragon Studios challenge to make a Valentine's card. I am a huge fan, and i'm hoping to get my paws on some of the new rubber stamps from High Hopes really soon.
Next, an old favourite, SPCC. Red, pink and apricot, perfect for Valentine's.
Sketch from CCEE stampers, new to me, but a great sketch and lastly a challenge from Little Red Wagon to use snowflakes. I was going to wait until next week to try Little Red Wagon, but the only Doodle Dragon image I had printed that was Valentine-y was a snowman, so I threw some snowflake embossing in for fun.
Well, that's enough for today, I wasn't really planning to write a novel! I do have some blog candy in the works as a thank you, so keep an eye out for that. Later!

19 comments:

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

What a great idea with Frosty Kisses - it works perfectly!!!!! Such a sweet card :)

Deanne - SP {Diva}

Shauna {SK Studios} said...

how cute!! i love the embossing :D
- Shauna {SK Studios}

Carol<>< said...

so cute!
Carol<><

Susan said...

Your card is adorable! You did a great job with the color combo. And I totally understand the creative funk, just crawling out of one myself.

Allison said...

What a cute snowman image! I love the little rhinestones you added too, just the right amount of bling!

Allison - SP Diva

Joanne said...

Very cute! I love that image! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)

Joanne xo

Cindy Haffner said...

What a cutie, thanks so much for playing with us CCEE gals.

Juanita said...

Cute card, thanks for joining us at SPCC.

Cheri Howard said...

Oh, how cute! Thanks for playing in the Doodle Dragon challenge!

Lelia said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining Doodle Dragon Studios for our first challenge!

Hugs,
Lelia

Núria said...

beautiful card!!!
I like the snowman and the hearts

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

What a great card! Love this snowman! Great job!

Melisa said...

Love the little pink snowman!

Melisa-SP Diva

Stacy Milford said...

awwww...what a super cute card! Thanks for playing along with us @ SPCC!

Stacy - SP Guest Diva

perezmom said...

This is a wonderful card! You are climbing out of your funk with flying colors! Thank you for playing along at SPCC!

-Kristin SP Diva

Sandra Farrell said...

Very cute card. I love your blog template too. Have you checked out our new challenge blog. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

emily said...

awwww.....this card is so cute!

Emily-SP Diva

Deanna said...

Too Cute!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW

好悶 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical.........................................