Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday Boy



It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon here - spring is coming early I think. Too bad I have to go and get groceries, better make it quick so I can enjoy the sunshine.
I made this card for the Cookin it up with Katie challenge, I just squeaked in for the DT call (i think!) and wanted to make sure I did her next challenge justice. She has some neat challenges, this one involved paper tole (or layering) and metal. I've never really done paper tole, but it's not hard to layer your images with pop dots, so I raised the balloon and a couple of the candles.
Other challenges:
sketch: Just Us Girls
colour scheme: Colour Q
use felt: Little Red Wagon
I had fun with the colours on this one, and I think it turned out pretty good. I have to make more boy/guy cards, as lately I've been in a frilly, flowery phase. (not that it's a bad thing!)
Anyway, I'm off to enjoy the sunshine, see you all later!

8 comments:

Pam W said...

Such a cute card! I love all the elements of your design.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Sweet card Emma! I find it a real challenge to create masculine cards - this is really darling! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls sketch challenge :)

Rosanne said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Very sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

Stampin' Pam said...

Adorable - love that little boy! Thanks so much for supporting Just Us Girls by participating in our challenges. We appreciate your playing along with us.

Katie said...

Sweet little card!
Great image and I love the soft blues on this.
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Very sweet! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls for sketch week!

Elise said...

Your card is sooooooo sweet! Excellent use of the JUGS challenge! Best of luck - I hope you win Dawn's wonderful stamps!