Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thinking pink!



I have a large collection of Doodle Dragon images, so I thought the challenge from Doodle Dragon challenges to make one "girly" would be no problem. Yikes, guess I need more images! I finally decided on a birthday theme, and just piled on the pink. Can't go wrong with pink huh? Well, maybe you can cause the SPCC had a colour combo of dark blue, light blue, orange and yellow, but I subbed out the orange cause it just wasn't working for me. I also used a challenge from Cooking it up with Katie, she's looking for a DT, but it closes tonight at midnight and since she's a few hours ahead I suspect I may be too late. And the fact that I can't read and completely missed the patterned paper bit! Time to go to bed I think! Oh, and the sketch is from Mojo Monday.



The second card I made for a co-worker - her daughter was at the local children's hotel for a few weeks and she wanted a thank you. I used the Happy Healing set from CTMH, it went perfectly with the hospital theme. Challenges played:
Cuttlebug Spot - use green
Pink Elephant - use green
CPS - sketch
Stamp Something - paper, button and ribbon
Stampin Royalty - green, yellow, orange and pink


11 comments:

Katie said...

Emma,
Great cards!!
My new challenge starts tomorrow, get you entry in early and I'll look at it for the DT :)
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

my5bratz said...

cute image, thanks for joining us at DDS :)

emily said...

Great job~

Emily-SP Diva

Lelia said...

This is too stinking cute! I sure do love those ellies! Thanks for joining us at Doodle Dragon Studios!

Hugs,
Lelia

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Such sweet cards! I love that embossing folder!

Deanne SP Diva

RobbynW said...

Both cards are very pretty!
Robbyn - SP Diva

Trudi said...

Great cards Emma, super cute! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

Ann said...

Great work - just so cute. Thanks for showing them to us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

ileana said...

the elephant card os terribly cute! :-)

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Cute cards!

thescrapmaster said...

Very pretty! I like your substitution!
Hugs,
Samantha