Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flower power

This weeks challenge over at Fab N Funky is Flowers, so let's see what lovely, flowery creations you can come up with!
The challenge this week is inspired by our wonderful sponsor Craftbrulee, who has a shop full of beautiful embellies. One lucky player is going to win a great prize pack from Crafbrulee, so get crafting!



I've been wanting to try these rolled flowers for awhile, so I hunted up a tutorial and away I went. I did cheat a bit and lifted a layout from Papercrafts magazine, I was looking for the perfect way to showcase these flowers and I think this turned out great!
Everything is CTMH except the ribbon, it's a little sneak peek from the upcoming fall Idea book for you!

7 comments:

LuLu said...

Loving your card Emma and the colours you have used. The flowers look great too. Have you tried crumpling the paper 1st and then cutting out - creates a great shabby looking effect.

Lou
x

Lavender Rose said...

You have used one of my fave colour combinations here. Your card is really elegant looking and I love the rolled flowers, a technique I haven't heard of until now.

孫邦柔 said...

happy to read~ thank you!............................................................

惠NorrisBradwell041花 said...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度..................................................................

惠邱邱邱邱雯 said...

走召糸及言贊白勺口拉............................................................

Sheila Bennett said...

Beautiful card! You did a really great job creating your flowers.

cindy said...

Emma, your cards are amazing. How do you find time to make such beautiful creations? WTG!