Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ribbon Disaster AKA Fab N Funky #35



Don't look too closely at the ribbon on this card, I has a bit of a mis-adventure with it. I like to tuck the ends under, I don't like frayed edges or ribbon than comes unstuck. So I carefully wrapped the ribbon right round the front of the card. Well, what I thought was the front of the card. Turns out, I wrapped the ribbon round the whole card and I couldn't open the darn thing! I had to take the scissors to it, and although it's covered by a bow on one side, the other side's a little scruffy. Sigh...

Alright, 'nuff whining, on to the challenge! This week's challenge at Fab N Funky is to Use your Favourite Colours. Easy peasy! I went with a nice fall combo, rusty orange and green, perfect for a card for the teacher. Back to school is only a few weeks away (thank goodness!) and I'm planning on being prepared.
The cute dog stamp is from CC Designs and the other images are from a CTMH set called in the month of August.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Note: Sorry, forgot to add that I lifted this layout from a Paper Crafts magazine card - I keep a stack on hand for when I need some inspiration. In this case, I loved how the ribbon was threaded through the paper.

7 comments:

Kathyk said...

No such thing as a crafting disaster, only things that didn't quite work out as planned!! Looks great anyway!

Kathyk

蕭林馥賢琬婷 said...

做好事,不需要給人知道,雖然只是一件微不足道的事,但我相信,這會帶給我快樂。..................................................

Judie said...

Emma, if you hadn't mentioned it, I don't think anyone would have noticed that the ribbon turned out differently than you had hoped.
Love the card, cute image and very well done.

Sharli said...

I'm so glad someone else does thing like this LOL - although I'm not sure my cards are this cute! Great job - I would have never guessed without your confession.

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

我們必須先有哭泣,才有歡笑;也必須先感到人生的悲哀,然後才感到人生的快樂。................................................................

said...

安安唷~~幸運的日子送給妳(你)滿滿的幸福,也祝福你天天都開心唷............................................................

Lavender Rose said...

The ribbon looks fine to me, great idea to weave it through like that, great colour combination too, very autumnal. I love the cute puppy!