Tuesday, February 15, 2011

DIY embellies!



Ok, I am officially "Valentined" out! Too much pink/heats/lovey dovey for my tastes, my DH would probably keel over if I gave him a really mushy card - most definately not me! So for this week's challenge at Fab N Funky, I broke out some bright and chipper paper and had a go at making my own embellishment. (Which, by the way, is this week's theme!)

Make your own embellishment

I been a lurker at Dawn McVey's blog for awhile now - she has a style that's very much 'hers' and she makes a lot of layered tags. That's what I was aiming for here, although I don't think I quite got it! (Possibly cause she usually doesn't stick cute bunnies in the middle of her tags!) Still, the card turned out very cute.
The cute bunny is courtesy of Di's Digi Downloads, they're sponsoring us this week, so stop by and grab a few digis!
I only entered a few challenges today as there's still a whole bunch of Valentines floating around out there!
Sketch - Crafty Ho's (sorry, this just makes me giggle!)
Anything goes - Stampin with the Dragon
Fave colouring Medium - Lollipop Crafts (Prismacolours and solvent, until I figure out this whole Copic thing!)
Use ribbon - Do You Stack Up?
Bright colours - Simply Create
No sentiments - Drunken Stampers (not sure if I count for this one or not, I don't really consider 'hello' a sentiment, but I'm not the one making the rules!

16 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Emma,this is so sweet!!
Hugs Heidy

princesskitten said...

he's a darling

kitten DYSU team

Denise and Louise said...

Gorgeous card - love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Suzanne said...

Cute card, Emma x

WencheP said...

It's so sweet, love the image, it's so cute! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Inspired By Friends said...

Beyond cute card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Miranda said...

very gorgeous Emma,cute card
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

higs
Miranda

Janna said...

Hi Emma! Super sweet ribbon card, thanks so much for joining us at DYSU this week! Janna

Tracey said...

this is so cute Emma, I love the ribbon :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at Stampin With the Dragon challenge.
Hugs Nataliya

Rae Anne said...

Emma, your profile made me laugh - There is no such thing as too much paper. . .;) Your image is absolutely darling, and I love your soft peaches, blues, and greens! Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos! :D MWAH!

Spike said...

Hello Emma! Adorable bunny! The colours and layers you chose are sublime!

Thanks for playing with us Drunken Stampers this week!

Hugs

~Spike

Jennifer said...

Very sweet Emma xx Jenny xx

CuddlyBunny said...

What a fun card, and I'm so glad you broke out of the V-Day pink fest (I'm a pink lover, but variety is, in fact, the spice of life).

Excellent layering and your "sentiment" is fine with our challenge at Drunken Stampers ... we're too tipsy to make firm rules! :)

Linda said...

Beautiful card!!
Thank you for joining us for the Bold & Bright challenge at Simply Create.
Hope so see you again for the next challenge.
Linda B - Simply Create DT

Rose said...

that little bunny is too CUTE!!!

So glad you joined us on Simply Create for our Bright and Bold challenge :)