Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stamp Fairy #12





This week, the challenge at Stamp Fairy was a tough one for me.

Anything But A Card

I don't do 'altered' items, so I was pretty lost as to where to start. (No idea why not, I just don't!) I could've done a scrapbook page, but it seemed to miss the point of a 'challenge'. So I hunted around and vistited a bunch of blogs, and finally came up with this little glass jar that I could gussie up. I think it turned out OK, but there's a few things I'd like to change if I get around to it.
Don't forget to visit the DT and see what they're up to, you know it's going to be good!

PS - what would you use for antennas? I cut out the bear and the bees, and the bees ended up without antenna cause I couldn't think of anything to use. Hmm, maybe a trip to Micheal's is called for!

Challenges entered this week:
Animals - Little Red Wagon
Flowers, handmade flowers (I layered pre-made flowers to make one big bloom) - Stamp Something, Allsorts, Stampin B's, Simply Create, Crazy 4 Challenges (gee, everyone must be
feeling spring-y!)
Metal - Frosted Designs (I liked the metal lid of my jar and decided not to cover all of it)
Spring - Paper Cutz
Bears - 2 Sisters
Sweet Treats - Saturday Challenge

15 comments:

Carissa said...

Fantastic treat jar. As for the antennaes, you might try some thin wire and beads. Hugs, Carissa

Dora said...

Me too hardly ever do anything else besides cards and find these so challenging but hey this is awesome and for being out of your comfort zone you did a fantastic job. I love your antennas but as Carissa said, wire would be very good too. Hugs xx

Kimberly said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog...i'm now a new follower of yours. Yes there is a couple places you can get stuff. Our Dollarama has quite a bit as well as JJ Scrapbooking Den on 566 McIntyre st.E. She's out of her home and her hours are mon-fre 6pm - 9pm. Sat 10am - 7pm. Sun 12pm-5pm. She has another job so it's only after hours. She has a nice variety of stuff and at reasonable prices for the most part. We may expect a Micheals so sudbury keeps telling me but without their coupons they are very expensive. That's about it. Your projects are great..www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

heidy said...

Oh Emma,this is gorgeous!
Love it.
Hugs Heidy

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Love it! The flower is the perfect touch!

Deanne :)

pinky said...

Emma this is so sweet. I find anything but a card a challenge at the best of times but always enjoy it:)

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and so yummy too, thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

Jacqueline said...

Thanks so much for posting and joining us at the Canadian Crafty Blog Hop. There are so many talented Canadians, and I am so glad you were able to be a part of it.

Regan said...

super cute..thanks for playing with LRW

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So yummy!

Thanks for joining our “Sweet Treats” challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Jacki Randolph said...

Awww, Emma never would know it was out of your comfort zone with this project, it is absolutely adorable and so sweet!! Fill it with some lemon drops and it would make a fabulous gift for a friend or love one!! I just love it and think you did a Fabulous job!!! Wouldn't change a thing on it!!

Hugs
Jackie

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great project I would never have guessed you were out of your comfort zone!....

Thanks for making your own flowers this week for the Allsorts Challenge

Emma xxx

CraftyGirl said...

This is darling! I love the way that sweet little bear sits right up on top! Thanks for taking on our metal challenge at Frosted Designs this week!
barb :)

Rose said...

good grief this is adorable!!!
Thanks for joining us on Simply Create for our Power of Flowers challenge :)

Linda said...

Oh what a cute project!!
Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for our flowers challenge...hope to see you again for the next challenge.