Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shabby Chic gives me the shivers!



So, you've probably heard me grumbling about some tough challenges lately - and yes, I know you've probably had enough of the grumbling. But this challenge at Fab N Funky this week:

Shabby Chic

This is the mother of all challenges for me. I have come to the realization that I can't do shabby chic, my brain just does not work that way. I like things lined up nice and neat and agonize over every embellishment placement. Shabby chic is...not those things!
I ended up lifting a sketch from a card in a magazine - I hope there's enough lace and distressing to make it count. Strangely enough, I did like how it turned out which really surprised me!

Challenges:
Mother's Day - Pear Tree
Flowers for Mom - Cupcake Craft
No markers - There She Goes (I used a blender pen, not sure if that counts!)
Use Kraft - The Spotted Chick
Recipe - Catered Crop (pearls, buttons, ribbons + flowers, diecuts)
Flowers - The Kraft Journal

11 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Oooo pretty. I love that simple but elegant color theme. Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

heidy said...

Wow Emma,very pretty card!
You did a great job!
Love it!!
Hugs Heidy

sari said...

Hi Emma! This is such a lovely card! Love the colors, the image is sweet and absolutly adore the lace you have used! Thanks for joining us at The cupcake craft challenge this week and good luck! Hugs/sari

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is such a pretty card! You should also enter it over at The Kraft Journal, http://www.thekraftjournal.blogspot.com, this week's theme is flowers (and kraft of course)! Great work!

Karla said...

Love this card! Lovely colours! Good luck at PTD this week! x

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along at Catered Crop!

Susie said...

Fab card, love the colour scheme and lace trim! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

The Spotted Chick said...

WOWZER Emma!! I LOVE the shabby chic look of this and that blue just POPS off that kraft. That ribbon is SO YUMMY too! Thanks so much for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Emma, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful. I love the simplicity! Thanks for playing along at Pear Tree Designs for our mother's day challenge! Good Luck xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Very cute card! Although you felt like you struggled, I think you did a great job with the shabby chic style.
Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal.