Saturday, March 5, 2011

Surprise, surprise!

Don't fall over in shock when you see this post, yes, I am posting outside of my regular DT posts! Couple reasons-
1. Much as I'm lovin' digi stamps, sometimes it's nice to get your fingers dirty and stamp!
2. Planning to try and add a few layouts to the blog (which was my original plan when I started this whole thing
3. I was commissioned to make a card for someone and it would be a shame not to enter a few challenges!



The card is for a friend at work, it's an engagement card. Unfortunately, I discovered that I have even less 'happy engagement' stamps than I do sympathy stamps - precisely zero! I went with a pretty congrats seal that's new from CTMH, I just got it. Overall, I love the card, I'm just not sure about the bling. Apparently, dollar store stuff is much lower quality than the expensive scrapbook store stuff (who would've thunk it?) and I found they didn't want to co-operate with me.
Challenges:
Sketch - Card Patterns (damn, that was last week's sketch!)
Use Flowers - Simply Create



The layout was a fun one, I found a fun layout challenge blog and this week's challenge was a layout. I'm just finishing up this years Halloween photos, and also just realizing I didn't put the 'or' between the trick and treat in my title! Oh well, it's a fun layout I'll just have to remember to fix it before it goes in the album!
Sketch - Lasting Memories

Lastly, I just finished a Copic course on hair/skin/clothes at a local art store and I'm very excited as things are starting to make sense and starting to look pretty good! Hopefully, I'll be getting some colouring posted soon, I just need a printer so I can print my digi images on good paper! Check out my instructor Danielle's blog here, she's part of the Scrapbox Giveaway going on right now!

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Your layout is so cute! I love the strip of fun monsters at the bottom. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Sue said...

I love your layout. I love the spider and web in the corner and the border is awesome. You did a great job. Your card is beautiful too. So glad you found us at Lasting Memories.

Danielle said...

Hi Emma! Love your card and your scrapbook layout is adorable! That spider and web is so fun! Thanks for stopping over at my blog and joining in the Scrapbox contest - good luck! And I'm really glad you enjoyed the class today (yes, even despite those noisey teens)!!!
Hugs, Danielle

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous Emma! Love your card and great take on our sketch this week...those pics are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!! Be sure to chk in tmw, we have a little something going on!

Ashley said...

What a GORGEOUS layout! I absolutely LOOOOOVE the spider web in the top corner! Thanks for joining us last week at Lasting Memories!

~Ashley
LM DT member

Sharon Basel said...

A gorgeous card Emma! I find it hard to use all my other rubber stamps too - you've motivated me to pull them out again and create beyond DT cards.
Sharon :)