Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gettin' Sketchy with Stamp Fairy

A great sketch this week at Stamp Fairy, Gerda always does awesome work. I followed this one pretty closely, and I had a bunch of fun colouring and cutting out carrots for the background. Of course the kids wanted to help, so it's a good thing I printed lots! There is some sparkle on the egg, but it doesn't show up very well in the pic. I also left it with no sentiment, I wasn't sure where to stick it, and it's pretty obvious it's an Easter card!
If you haven't already been, head over to the challenge blog and check out what the DT have done with the sketch, wonderful things I'm sure. And if you need some Stamp Fairy images (of course you do, they're so cute!) head on over here.

Some challenges:
Use a digi - Stamp Something
Easter - Fun with Shapes, Paper Cutz
Sewing - If the Shoe Fits
Bling - Frosted Designs (it's there, look close!)
No DP, Stamp a background - Stampin' B's (OK, not sure about this one, I used digi's to make my background, does that count? I originally stamped the background, but it looked to formal for the bunny, so had to change it up)
123 recipe - Paper Variety (1 cute bunny, 2 digi stamps, 3 die cuts)

16 comments:

Larisa said...

It is so beautiful))) Great card! The image is really funny and good))

Lori Apgar said...

What a cute Easter Card! I saw the bling on the egg!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs for our Bling Challenge!!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Just adorable! I love how you used the carrots!!!

Deanne :)

~jan said...

How cute! I love how you used the carrots for the stripes on the sketch-so creative! And that little bunny is adorable! Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Variety!

Gerda said...

hi hon

have to agree to deanne and jan, i would have never thought of using the carrots to create the stripes, that is pretty creative!! your coloring is fab, love your card.

hugs, gerda

Jacki Randolph said...

Too cute Emma!! Love the stitching around the image. Have a great week! Hugs'

Dora said...

Aaah so cute, love your idea for the carrots on the background xxx

Larissa said...

A very fun card. I love the background wit the carrots.

Hugs,
Larissa

pinky said...

What a unique and brilliant take on that sketch, I love your card Emma.

Tracey said...

This is fab Emma, I love the carrot background :)
Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Emma,
Just wanted to say Goodbye and wish you well and lots of continued success! I will miss you all very much and it was sad for me to have to give up my role!

I have always loved Gerda's images and maybe someday I'll feel much better and be able to join a Design Team again in the future. I do hope the warm SUmmer Sun will help me to feel a whole lot better and I plan to continue to follow your blog.

Your cards and projects are all so sweet and it's been so fun meeting you ALL!!

Hugs,
Lis

Carissa said...

So cute, I love that you used carrots for the stripes but I cannot imagine how long it must have taked to colour all of the images for this card. Hugs, Carissa

patti west said...

hi Emma...I love that you cut & colored the carrots for your background cs!! So clever & very cute. Your bunny is adorable too! Also, cool placement of your stitching. I always just stitch "all the way around" - love how you broke it up - adds nice interest. :) Thanks for sharing w/us at The Paper Variety!!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Adorable card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!

lesleyworth said...

so cute! thanks so much for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Sharon Basel said...

Love those carrots in the background Emma - how clever and creative that is. Such a cute card.
Sharon :)