Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pretty as a peacock



As promised, here's the layout I was working on. It's a picture I took in the spring last year that I really loved, but never got around to scrapping, even when CTMH introduced this gorgeous peacock paper. Wasn't really sure what to journal about, I ended up writing about my photography skills and how this shot was achieved!
The challenge at Lasting Memories this week is 'Spring' so I thought my spring peacock would be a good fit. I'm also going to apply for their DT position, if that doesn't get me scrapping more layout, nothing will!
I found another fun challenge site with a mission, this one to get you journalling more. Once Upon a Sketch. They had a great sketch and I jumped right in. I didn't count my words, but I'm pretty sure I'm over 25!
Last but not least, Wee Memories is having a colour inspiration challenge - I don't have a fave colour, I just love so many, but the rich blues and chocolates in these papers are gorgeous!

14 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is fantastic and wow, what a photo!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories and good luck!

Irma said...

amazing work...everything is well coordinated and that photo is stunning!!!

Haley D. said...

Your photo is gorgeous, and your layout suits it perfectly!

Lou said...

Totally gorgeous photo!! And great take on the Sketch and journalling too! So wonderful that you joined us at Once Upon.....
Lou xx

Laurel said...

So pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!

Gerry said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along! ~Gerry~

glassgraffitix2 said...

Wow! Your LO is gorgeous and so is that picture! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Simply fantastic! LOVE the colour matching...wonderful! Well done! Thanks so much for playing along at Once Upon A ..Sketch! Nadia.

Sue said...

That photo is breath taking. The papers work perfectly with it. Good luck and thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories.

Ashley said...

I love how you were able to coordinate the paper with your picture! Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at LM!

~Ashley
LM DT

Dragonlady said...

Love the papers you have teamed up with the picture. Thank you for sharing at Lasting Memories.

Hugs Ali x

{Ross} said...

For the first time I see a photo perfectly coordinate with the paper! WOW, faboulous work! Thank for play with us!

Lauren said...

Gorgeous! I love the photo and the beautiful paper! Good luck with the DT call! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
Lauren