Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Red, white and Blue



The challenge this week at Fab N Funky is a great colour challenge:

Red, White and Blue

I tend to avoid this combo because it really screams 4th of July to me. (And as a proud Canuck, I'd rather do just red and white!) But it's really a fun, versatile combo and by minimizing the red and adding a dash of orange, it makes a great birthday card! I kept it simple to use as a birthday card for one of my boys little friends, with 2 boys there seems to be a lot of birthday parties to go to!

Our sponsor this week is Pink Cat Studio, so be sure to check them out after you visit the rest of the DT!

A few challenges I played along with this week:
Colourful - Pear Tree
Fun And Games - Pollycraft (they're off to play party games!)
Sketch - Sweet Sunday
Friends - Paper Playtime (they sure look like friends to me!)
Layers - Craft your Passion
5 layers or more - Stamptacular Sunday challenge (If you count my party tag, there's 5!)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Cute card. Thank you for playing along with us at Paper Playtime this week.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really cute. love the image & the colours you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

Jennifer said...

So cute! xx Jenny xx

Céline said...

cute card, love the funny stamp
thanks for sharing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC dt

Susie said...

Great card, love the sweet image and fab colours! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Kristin said...

Oh how fun is this? The stamped balloons are the perfect accent on that side. Thank you for sharing your amazing work with us this week over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.
Hugs,
Kristin

Lynsey said...

What a lovely fun card! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
hugs Lynsey x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Sure we'll count your tag on this fun and bright birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular last week! I'm sorry I'm a little late stopping by - we had lots of gorgeous entries and I lost my internet connection! Hope to see you again this week! Hugs, Lesley