Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tiny glass beads + late night crafting = mess!






This week's challenge at Stamp Fairy was interesting - a shaker card. Hmmm, haven't made anything like that in a while. How hard could it be? Turns out, trying to make a shaker card with glass beads at 11:00 at night is not a good idea. Everything was going well until I added the base to the shaker section - as I turned it, a stream of beads came pouring out since I hadn't completely sealed my box. This is when I realized that the tiny glass beads were now stuck to my adhesive and I couldn't seal the box. What to do? It's late, I'm tired, hey, I can use Liquid Glass! Half an hour later, everything is dry, the box is sealed and I have an unsightly line of glue showing. Hence the ruffled ribbon. This in turn covered up my stamped sentiment, leading to a pop dotted version and a determination not to leave things till the last minute anymore!!!

Despite all that, it turned out very cute and I'm quite happy with the results. Check out the challenge blog to see the shaker box creations of the DT - they're really amazing this week and then try your own!

Challenges:
Pick 3 (Shaker box, pop dots and brads) - Stamping Vacation
Mother's Day, Mom - Little Red Wagon, Dutch Dare, 2 Sisters
Sketch - Card Patterns
Anything Goes - Paper Cutz
Wings - Stamp Something, If the Shoe Fits

11 comments:

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

I think your mistake turned out to be a good thing - I love the ribbon! I almost forgot to put my shaker bits in when I was putting it together.

Deanne :)

Lindsay said...

So so cute Emma! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Lindsey said...

Oh this is so cool! I love the ribbon detail x

Dora said...

This is gorgeous Emma, looks fantastic and I love how you did that ribbon, so pretty. Hugs xxx

Dorcas said...

How gorgeous this card is! Love the sprinkling of glitter! Thanks so much for joining us at DDCC. We really appreciate your support!
Hugs,
Dorcas
Ps) By the way, my “no strings attached” blog candy is still open . (closes May 13th). There will be lots of winners so feel free to come by and play if you haven’t already done so!

~amy~ said...

absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

whoistracy said...

This is wonderful! I love the shaker pouch, such a great idea. Glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

darling Ho said...

What a lovely design! Love the planted ribbon and the shake card.
Thanks for joining us at 2SC this time.:)
~~hugs~darling Ho~~

lesleyworth said...

beautiful shaker card! your bear is so sweet and the little butterfly is a perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Carissa said...

Repeat after me, I vow to never use micro beads again. The same thing happened to me when I tried to use them for my card.
Never the less your card turned out beautifully despite all of your setbacks.
Hugs, Carissa

Netty said...

They do say that there is never a mistake in crafting, just a change of plans! Your card looks lovely, and I love the additions of the ribbon and butterfly. Annette xx