Thursday, June 9, 2011

Allsorts DT call



Yea, one of my favorite challenge blogs is having a DT call! Allsorts is looking for 2 new DT, so I'm on it!
To apply, you have to create a card just for the application. I had to think about this, as I wanted to make a great card that would showcase my (mostly!) clean and graphic style.
I started with some fun, colourful papers as this card is to cheer up a co-worker who just lost a friend. Then I made my own background by embossing the flower shape and brayering the ink over it. (I just got the brayer, must find Youtube videos as I'm not really sure what to do with it yet!) A cute image and some ruffled ribbon to finish off, turned out great!

Got my fingers crossed!

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

It did turn out great Emma, really lovely.Wish you all the best of luck.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Samantha said...

Gorgious card! Good luck hunny they would be lucky to have you!!! :0)

Jayma Malme said...

Emma, this is gorgeous! I love love love those colors, and can't get enough of birds right now. The embossed background and brayering is also very clever. I still don't have a brayer...they kinda intimidate me. Lol!

brenda said...

A really sweet card Emma and the image is so cute.

Thank you for joining our DT call at Allsorts Challenge and good luck.

B x

kuya said...

Oh this is so beautiful. I love your style, I never seem to be able to do a card like yours, I'm just too fond of my embellishments, I guess ;o)

Good luck for the call! I am trying as well and I'm so nervous about it LOL.

~ Heike

LuLu said...

Emma fab card (as always) and good luck on the DT call . . . as long as this means your not leaving us ! lol

Lou
x

Jennifer said...

Good luck Emma....this is amazing! I adore the colours xx Jenny xx

Dora said...

Aww this is so pretty Emma, love your cute bird image. Good luck for the DT Call, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :) Hugs xx

scotspanda said...

super card, good luck in the dt call :o)

hugs

Amanda xx