Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Distressing news...



Hee, hee, no news, just distressing! That's the challenge this week at Fab N Funky! I went with a fun, bright card, and then I toned it down a bit by crumpling and inking my paper. Since it's definitely a 'boy' card, I thought the whole 'grubby' look would go well. (I have 2 boys and if they're not grubby, they're sticky, snotty or just plain dirty! Sigh.)

The papers are a mix of SU, Close to My Heart and My Mind's Eye - it was kind of fun to just throw patterns together! The stamp is an oldie, one from October Afternoon that I just had to have!


I do have a second card for you today, this one is courtesy of my youngest monster, Graham. He's part of the brand spanking new Craft Your Passion Kid's challenge blog - if you've got crafty kids, be sure to check it out! (Oh, and if you can't tell, Graham loves dogs!)

Challenges - Monster Card:
Colours - Color Q
Spooky Fun - Creative Card Crew
Spooky Hues - Papertake weekly
Make us laugh - Cards for Men

Challenges - Graham's Puppy Card
Fall Colours - Deep Ocean Challenges
Fall or Halloween - Crafty Boots
Anything Goes + Animals - Forever Friends

11 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love your little monster card and Graham's card clearly shows that his mum had better watch out.

Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

Anita S. said...

Lovely little monster - thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

sara said...

great card from your little monster!! i love to see kids crafting rather than watching tv or playing computer games !! thanks so much for joining us at deep ocean this week
hugs sara x

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and card design. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Risa said...

Emma! I love your distressed bright AWESOMENESS! The colors are awesome, I even love the pink stripe because it repeats the monsters mouth. PERFECT card in so many ways!
Graham! Stamp on man! Your card rocks. I love the blue and yellow together and your coloring is awesome!

Sande said...

Graham, your card is darling! Such a good job with coloring and great colors!


Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends on our fornight challenge. Hope to see you again soon!

Hugs, Sande xx

Wendy said...

So cute and funny. I love it!

Sylvia said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Jill said...

gorgeous card great image thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Violets Corner said...

Love the monster card Emma, great image and design.

You son's card is lovely!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sandra Farrell said...

It's totally cute. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week.