Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Button, buttons and more buttons



Since discovering Feline Playful, (which is a wonderful site) I haven't been designing so much with challenges in mind. Rather, I design and then find challenges, kwim? So when I saw the button challenge at Catered Crop, I decided to really go for it and try something new.
I spent some time on Pinterest, browsing buttony things and came across a few button trees that I thought I would like to recreate. This is the result, pretty huh? I tried to keep the card simple, leaving the tree as a focal point. Not so sure about the banner, but I wanted something that would break up the long tree trunk.

Challenges:
Catered Crop - Buttons
CPS -Sketch (although my tree covered more of the background that I planned)
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Something New (new to me technique, lots of buttons)
Heart 2 Heart - use a stamp you haven't used in a while or haven't used (this stamp is an oldie, but I love it and should pull it out more)

13 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Oh . . . I'm so glad you found us. This is amazing! You really embraced the challenge. Rock on!

Maggie's Crafts said...

What a beauty!

Thank you so much for joining Top Tip Tuesday in our Anything Goes challenge.

Maggie
x

Patrice said...

Well done...I would love for you to link it up in my new card making meme, 52 Card Pickup, here: http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-2.html

Joelle H. said...

Your button tree is a beauty! I like that you mixed in other colors with the greens - sorbet and cranberry, maybe? Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

Ann said...

Your card is so pretty!! Great job! Thank you for playing along with us at H2H

Romaine said...

This turned out great!

Tamytha said...

Love that stamp set, too! It looks awesome with the buttons. Thanks for joining the challenge at H2H. :)

Allisa said...

Love your button tree! Feline Playful is one of my favorite sites as well! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

Allisa-DT
http://rockymtnpapercrafts.blogspot.com

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Emma, this is one of my favorite stamp sets! I hope you will use it more after the inspiration of the H2H challenge! Good idea to put the sentiment banner across the trunk, too.

Nana Donna said...

How fun, what a fabulous idea and great way to use up those odd buttons. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations

LaJanette said...

AWESOME card!

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our anything goes challenge; hope to see you in our next challenge:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Cheryl said...

Oooh, great use of buttons! I love the colors too.



I’m dropping by from the Catered Crop.

~Cheryl~

**I am offering blog candy on my blog. Please feel free to stop by and enter if you are interested.**

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful card! Love the buttons :) I've just had a wonderful visit to your blog :) Lots of pretty projects!