Sunday, January 22, 2012

Delightful doilies



Been a rough week around here, it's cold and snowy (I had to take a hammer to get into my mailbox) and my mojo seems to have gone south with the sun. Luckily, I got invited to a crop and managed to get things back in gear - I made a few cards, a few pages and I'm stuffed full of yummy food.

This week's challenge at Pile It On stumped me for a bit though - I don't have any Lace, none. However, that just means it's time to go shopping! Off to Michael's I went and found these cute little lace blooms in the dollar section, yippee! Funny enough, I already had the card base, I made it for another project and hated it, but I'm glad I didn't throw it out now!

Challenges:
Pile It On - Use Lace
Alphabet challenge blog - Y for You can choose
Card Making' Mamas - Something Old (the whole card base is one I gave up on months ago and re-used)
Clearly Inspired Challenges - Pastels
Fairytale Challenge Blog - Inspired by a movie (this sweetie reminds me of old Shirley Temple movies)
Joyful Stamper - Inspire me Fridays linky party
Stamping With the Dragon - Anything Goes
PaperPlay Challenges - Ribbon Every Which Way (look close, it's there!)
Scrappy frogs - Lace

11 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

I love this card! the uncolored image looks adorable amidst the beautiful soft papers and flowers. what a great deal on the flowers, too. :)

kramer_buffy said...

oh emma, so glad you kept it hun, this turn out cute!

-- dalis

karlinchen50 said...

Hello
A very nice birthday card.
Like it very much.
Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
** Karla

Céline said...

cute card, fab idea
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline dt member

Bianca said...

Emma, your card is so very lovely! What a great idea to use the image with no coloration. That looks so stunning! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Karen said...

Such a cute card, thanks so much for playing along at Paper Play challenges this week
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Nela said...

Totally adorable!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge!
xx Nela

Sara said...

So so cute, I love the black and white image, thanks for playing along with CMM!

Cheryl First said...

Super sweet! Thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon for our Anything Goes Challenge this week!
Cheryl First
Stamping Dragon DT

paperfun said...

Sweet card. Love your crocheted flowers.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Lesley said...

Cute card, I love the crochet flowers! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet 'You Can Choose' challenge xx