Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Try something new...

Ugh, nothing strikes fear into my little heart like the above words. Try something new...I like my rut thanks very much! However, that was the challenge this week at Fab N Funky. So off to Google I went, looking for techniques that were a) easy, b) cheap and c) preferably do-able with stash I've already got. And voila:


So I found a neat technique on Splitcoast here using acetate and tissue paper to create a sparkly, crystal layer under the acetate. I must say, it turned out quite good for a first attempt, and I might even try this again sometime! I wish I could show you a close up, as it really does look quite pretty, but the Playbook has no macro setting. Boo.

However, DH has bought me a camera, I just don't when I'll get it. I may have to wait for my birthday in April, which is forever away! Hee hee, it was supposed to be a secret, but Best Buy sent home an email congratulating us on our recent purchase and would we please fill out this survey, which really gave it away!

Challenges:
Sketch - CPS (I wish I had time to do all 15!)
Use kraft - The Spotted Chick
Anything Goes - Penny's Challenges
All creatures great and small - Truly Scrumptious

Pin It

5 comments:

Courtney said...

What a neat card Emma!! I love that turtle. Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge this week at Penny's. Good Luck!

Courtney~

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Emma, what a fabulous technique...love the turtle and beautiful swirl, reall fabulous....and I'm like you, something new...too scary..I like my comfort zone too much..

Luv CHRISSYxx

catherine said...

This is a fab card and well done for having a go at something new. It turned out really well
x catherine

The Spotted Chick said...

Wow, this is so cute Emma! I love it! Thanks SO much for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Michele Roos said...

This is such a wonderful card. I love the image you've used and the details also. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

http://www.michelerdesigns.com/