Saturday, April 14, 2012

a CAS kind of day...



So I had some spare time and no immediate DT commitments (although I was accepted for a new DT, I can't tell you which one just yet) so I made a card. This may possible have been the fastest card I've done in awhile!
This is for the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays to use opposites (colours), so I chose teal and orange. I also used the sketch from Clean and Simple, I'm in a super CAS mood right now. I even stuck with the butterflies from the sketch because a)they're pretty and b)I don't have that many shaped punches! The photo did turn out a bit orangy, DH just put up new bulbs where I take my pics and the colour is definitely off. That is kraft paper!

Edited to add - took out the nasty orange photo as I couldn't stand it. I will have to figure out how to correct the orange cast cause I can't always take photos during the day.

Challenges:
Opposites attract - Cas-ual Fridays
Sketch - Clean and Simple
Kraft - Spotted Chick
Glitter - Do You Stack Up
Embroidery (real or fake!) - Alphabet Challenge
Things with Wings - Totally Papercrafts

8 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Love the sparkly butterflies :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Don't forget to like our facebook page :)

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

* Shaz * said...

Lovely card!

thank you for joining in the fun with us at Alphabet Challenges for our " E for Embroidery" challenge

Hope you will join us again soon

Hugs Shaz x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Emma :-) the CAS design and butterflies are lovely :-)

Congrats on your DT post :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Karen (carefree creations) said...

This is so adorable!

Karen Aicken said...

Great card - love how you used the sketch with these colours. Fun!
Cheers, Karen

Dana said...

This is so pretty! I love those colors together and the kraft BG really sets them off.
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

Victoria said...

A lovely card thank you so much for joining us on totally papercrafts this week x