Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Modern lace and pearls



So anyone who knows me (or has been following me for awhile) knows I am not a vintage/shabby chic/whole kitchen sink kind of girl. In fact, I usually have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the craft table for shabby chic challenges. (Ok, slight exaggeration, but I have been known to procrastinate. A lot.)
The challenge at Fab N funky this week - Pearls and Lace, struck a little too close to the vintage theme for my liking so I decided to see if I could make a clean, graphic pearls and lace card instead. And I think it turned out pretty great. I used a lovely doily stamp in some fun, bright colours and added a sentiment in a funky font. Fun!

Challenges -
Sketch - Mojo Monday (I started here, but had to tweak slightly because of the size of the stamp)
Ink It - Craft Room challenge (these are both CTMH stamps)
Anything Goes - Use It Tuesdays (the pearls, even though I have a ton...)
Linky Party - Make It Monday
Anything Goes with a splash of green - Tammy's Scrapping Corner

14 comments:

Chrissy said...

Such a lovely card Emma, love the colours of the stamped doily...
Thabks for sharing with us at Make it Monday.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debi said...

great use of that pretty stamp, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

Nikki Byrne said...

What a beautiful lace stamp! love the simpleness and colours of this design :o) Thank you for joining us for our 'ink it' challenge at Craft-room this fortnight. Good luck. Hugs
NIKKI DT

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Lovely lacy doilies, Very pretty card.

I saw your link on MIM, I'm number 162 this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Tammy Ortiz said...

That stamp is amazing. You really showcased it well

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Good Luck the Winner will be announced on Sunday Evening.

I hope to see you enter next week!!

Andria said...

Great Card, found you on MIM.

Dana said...

Hi - I saw your card on MIM. It is very pretty, I love the stamp and the colors.

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card, really elegant

Hugs
Jayne
x

Judith said...

Loved this card when I saw it Emma - so different from the usual take on lace and pearls - and it really works hugs Judith x

Lisa M said...

Well the kicking and screaming really paid off...your card is superb!!! I LOVE the large Thanks here too.

Thank you so much for linking up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Maria said...

This is gorgeous. I love your clean and simple style, and the stamped doilies look fabulous in the bright colours. Thanks for joining in with our "Ink It" challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck in the draw.

Maria x

Zoe Sanderson said...

Great inking, love that doily stamp. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luxk XOXO Zoe

Suzanne Brookfield said...

Great choice of colours making a elegant card...Thank you for sharing it with us at the Craft Room challenge this fortnight! Suzanne :)

hazel said...

A super card. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.