Friday, May 25, 2012

Feel better soon

This card is a commission for a co-worker - rather than make a formal get-well, I decided to go with fun and cheerful.  They do say laughter is the best medicine right?

I must admit I was inspired by this card here, from the Spotted Chick.  I was digging through my stamps wondering what to do when I saw this CTMH sentiment and I knew it would be perfect with this Paper Smooches cow stamp.  Love it when things work on paper like they do in my head!
More cards to come - DH is taking the boys camping with the cubs/beavers this weekend, which means unlimited scrappy time for me!  Mind you there's a thunderstorm looming overhead, they may get wet...good thing I'm not going!

Challenges:
Colour scheme - Paper Smooches Sparks
Masculine/patterned paper - CAS-ual Fridays
For the boys - Chocolate, Coffee and Cards
Card for a man - Crafty Catz
Boys and Men - Fairy Tale Challenge Blog
Diecuts - HotShot
Animals - Totally Papercrafts

 

13 comments:

happyscrapper said...

I love it when an idea comes together also. This is a wonderful, whimscal card. The sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CCCC, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at CCCC

Tammy Ortiz said...

Oh sounds like you will be having a great weekend. I love crafting weekends. I hope they do not get wet. Now this card is way too cute. I just love it

Jenny said...

Das ist ja ne klasse Karte - lach - .
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße.

paperella said...

Your piggies are really cute! And I love the punny sentiment :)
Thank you for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Wendy said...

Fabulous fun card Emma...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Lori Barnett said...

Glitter clouds!!!!! YAY!! :) What a fun card!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! Love the clouds and the fence. Great job with the colours. I'm sure the recipient will love it! Thanks for playing along with the Sparks Challenge!

craftymum said...

Wonderful card.Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Die Cuts Challenge.

Hugs sarah x

VanessaB said...

teeheehee. so fun!

Curlybear said...

Thank you so very much for Joining us at Crafty Catz A card for a Man Challenge, with this absolutely gorgeous creation,

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

Lisa A. said...

Oh my...too cute and TOO funny!! Your card would make any sick person feel better...love it:)!! Thanks for joining us and sharing your creativity at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

Vicki Fraser independent STAMPIN' UP demonstrator said...

Great cows! love your clouds and the paper that looks like sky behind them too :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This most certainly would cheer up even the sickest patients - absolutely adorable!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!