Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New beginnings

I must apologize, it's been a bit dusty and quiet around here the last week as I spent the long weekend at my Mum's.  Her internet is mediocre at best and her computer seems to have a hate/hate relationship with Blogger.  I managed to get my commenting done, but couldn't face fighting with it anymore!
I am back now, with a fresh new challenge at Fab N Funky - New Beginnings.  This could be a new baby, new stamp, new something - easy peasy!
This card was for my sister's birthday - I didn't post it right away so she wouldn't see it.  I used a new Strawberry Kisses stamp and some colourful MME paper to make a cheerful card.


Inside

I suspect you will be seeing quite a few cards coming in the next little while - you should see my haul of new stamps!  I normally spread my shopping out, but this past month has been the perfect storm of stamp acquisition!  My Mum bought me a couple of sets back from England, I had a gift coupon burning a hole in my pocket for my fave store and another store ordered me a bunch of Cat's Pajamas stamps.  (Oh and there's the Lily of the Valley stamps that are on the way, there was 10% off there too...)
No  more until at least next month for sure!

Some of my new stamping goodies!


Challenges:
Sketch - Cards & Things
Anything Goes - Make It Monday
Ribbon/twine - Ooh La La creations
Summer Holiday - Simon Says Stamp and Show (Drinks on the patio anyone?)
For the Ladies - Stamp and Create 
Pretty in Pink - Truly Scrumptious
Anything Goes - Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges



14 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

He He great fun card Emma, love the sentiment, nice new stash of stamps to, popped over from Make It Monday, enjoy the rest of your week, take careX:)

Judith said...

Cute card Emma - love the bright colours - lucky you having all them new stamps to plat with xx

Marijke said...

beautiful card, I love the image

Jane said...

Awww that is such a cute stamp and your card is lovely. Glad to hear you are a LOTV fan, they are my fave stamps too. I saw your card on MIM. I am having an Olympic/ Queen's Diamond Jubilee giveaway on my blog here in the UK, feel free to stop by and join the fun,
Jane x

Caz said...

Great card Emma, love the image.
Hugs
Caz x

Terry said...

Cute card Emma, it is really cute. Thank you for sharing your creation with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs Terry xxxx

De Stempelolifant said...

Great card, thanks for joining the Cards & things challenge

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card , looks very tasty and summmery,love the bubbles.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Michelle said...

Hi Emma

Oh I love this!! What a great card. Such a simple layout yet so perfect.

I have featured your fabulous card on my Pink Paper Paradise Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pink-Paper-Paradise/199108360186218

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Shari said...

Emma;

I saw your project on Make It Monday!

As soon as I saw the martini glass I had to visit! This card is so cute! Love this image! Great job!

(I am #193)
Hugs;
Shari

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Emma this is a cutie love that image also the design and papers thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB
Hugs
Lorraine x

Karen said...

Hahaha! Love this one! So funny.
I'm so happy that you joined us this week with your lovely creation!

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

Diane J said...

A lovely 'cheerful' and summery card, love the papers you have used and the cat is just so cute, your sister will love it. Thanks for joining us at Pennys Paper-Crafty Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you next time.
Diane x

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Ohhh so cute!!! Thanks for joining us at Pennys Paper Challenge. Hope to see you for the next challenge!!

~DEANNE~