Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A dragon of a day...

Whew, it's hot here!  Around here, we call this weather stumid - as in 'it's so humid I'm stupid'!  Crafting does tend to take a back seat to trips to the beach (thankfully across the street) and lying in the dark watching re-runs when it's this hot!

I did manage to create this fun card, and I thought this cute Bugaboo dragon was rather apropos for the heatwave.  I used some cheery MME papers, a little bling and some stitching for this colourful card.  Oh, and course the challenge for Fab N Funky this week - Polka Dots!
And just in case you noticed, yes this is a different photo than the one on the FNF blog, I popped this card up on my desk today, and after staring at it for awhile, I realized I'd forgotten the balloon string!  All fixed now...

Challenges:
Sketch - Sweet Sunday (Karen is having a DT call, yea!)
Bright colours - Crafty Sentiments
Things with Wings - Paper Makeup Stamps
Bold and Bright - Stamp and Create

13 comments:

Pat K said...

Oh Emma, this is tooo cute. Great colours and paper choices. Love it. Pat K.x

Basement Stamper said...

I love the papers you used and this image is darling. Fabulous job with the sketch!

Andrea said...

Super cute card! I love the bright colours and the adorable dragon.

sue - bearhouse said...

such a fab card Emma. I love that dragon and the colours and layout are wonderful
Sue

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love your image and fabulous colours.xxx

Caz said...

Great card Emma. Love the image and layout.
hugs
Caz x

Anne Temple said...

Such a cute image and great paper choices. So glad you joined us for the Things with Wings challenge from Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week.

Jac said...

Totally gorgeous, love the cute dragon and fabulous papers, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

pinky said...

Brilliant card Emma. Perfect for our challenge at Crafty Sentiments.
Pinky

Karen Giron said...

He's so cute! I love those MME papers and the little stars are so cute for a boy. Very sweet!

AmyScrapSpot said...

This is completely ADORable!!!! TFS! =)

Eret said...

I love this dragon :) So beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - hope to see you back again :)
Hugs, Eret

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card
thank you for playing along at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx