Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shining Star

So far, it's been a super lazy Canada Day here.  2:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my pj's.  We'll probably head into Dunrobin for some Fireworks later, but nobody has the energy to tackle the big party downtown.  The kids are decked out in their red T shirts, ready to go...guess I should get my butt in gear!


So, this card is totally not Canada Day related - I made it for my sister and my impending niece/nephew to be.  It's actually pretty unusual for me to make a card with almost no colour - I do love my bright colours!  Turned out great though, I just love this bunny from the Cat's Pajama's.  Paper is MME.

Challenges:
Inspiration photo - the Cat's Pajama's
Sketch - Sketchbook Saturday
Stars and Sparkle - Just Us Girls
Scallops - Sweet Stampin
Use something new - Stampin' Sisters in Christ (new paper pad and newish stamp - first inking!)
Soft tones (pastels) - Fairy Tale Challenge blog
Cute/cuddly - Poodles Parlour

12 comments:

sue - bearhouse said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the layout is fabulous

Sue

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to stop reading your blog so that I can stop seeing the cards that I'll be getting in the mail before they even get sent!

Your sister and impending niece or nephew...aka "The bump"

Lynn said...

Smiling at your sister's comment :) This is such a sweet baby card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is this?? Super cute card, love it!!

Alyce said...

Gorgeous Emma! What a gorgeous layout...I love all of those stars :)

lalkygirl said...

what a gorgeous card ,beautiflly co-ordinated and a fab layout...love your sisters comment lol
hanks for joining us at the poodle parlour and good luck
tracey x

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is adorable...luv this!

enjoy *~*

Jenny said...

This is just so so so adorable - love it!
Thanks so much for joining in our 'Scallops' challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'.

Miesje said...

Adorable card - love the bunny and the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at SSIC!

Natali said...

Gorgeous card and sweet little bunny. Love idea with scallop border.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Scallops” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

Jerusha said...

This is really cute. What a sweet little card. Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week. Hope you will join us again on Sunday!

Wishcraft said...

Aww gorgeous card, that image is SO sweet! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x