Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Stars and Stripes

Pardon me for a bit of overuse, but this is the third card I've made in the last few days with the MFT star die.  Can't quite figure out how i made stars before as I don't have any punches...anyhoo, very happy to be getting my money's worth out of this one!


The reason for the stars is the challenge at Fab n Funky this week - Stars and Stripes.  Easy peasy, non?  I used this Greek inspired image from Tickled Pink - isn't she fierce?
On a side note, I can't believe how green my backyard looks in this picture.  In reality, it's been so dry that my 'grass' is crunchy and my flowers have all wilted.  I like summer and all, but wow is it hot here.

Challenges:
Sketch - Sweet Sunday
A Day at the 'Parthenon' - By the cute and Girly (hee hee, fun theme!)
Recipe - Desert Island Crafters (teal, sketch, glitter)
Anything goes, bonus glitter - Papertake weekly
Sparkle - Critter Sketch

10 comments:

Mynnette said...

LOVE those glittery stars!!! The colors are amazing and your sentiment is fabulous! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Super pretty... great stars...
Thanks for joining us at CS challenge and good luck~

Alyce said...

Love this Emma! What a gorgeous image and the colours are so pretty :)

sue - bearhouse said...

Gorgeous card Emma, a fabulous image and I love the colours and layout

Sue

Judith said...

Love your card this week Emma - the digi is fab and love the colours hugs Judith x

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

love it thanks for joining us at critter sketch and good luck emma xx

Brigitte said...

What a great use of the theme!!!! Love your card and the stars. Your colouring is fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

TRACEY MO said...

This is very cool great card!!

thanks for play with us at Critter Sketch Challenge

Tracey DT

Geraldine said...

Lovin' your take on BTC&G's "A day at.... challenge. Fabulous image and a great way to use your stars die.
Thank you for entering.
Geraldine

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is really cool, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at DICC. :)