Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to Reality...

Whew, what a crazy couple of weeks!  We spent 7 days at my Mum and Dad's, then drove home and spent one night there and then headed out camping for a few nights.  In a massive fluke we ran into some friends who were camping 2 sites up from us, so we had a great time.  However, all good things must come to an end including my vacation!  We have a few days to recover and get ready for back to school and then reality hits...bleh.  I am looking forward to getting crafty again, I have new stamps and papers and I'm ready to play!



This is one of the things I did on my vacation - I stencilled my sister's room for the soon to be niece or nephew.   I used digi images from Meljen's, printed off the size I wanted and then traced onto plastic.  Cut them out and voila - custom stencils.  Obviously I left off some of the details, but I think they turned out very neat.  Next up is shower invites featuring Mama and baby whale - a girl's work is never done!

PS - No, the clown fish is not a Meljen's image, he was a custom request.  I stretched the pink fish, modified the tail and added stripes - cute huh? 

Challenges (I know this isn't a card, but I wanted to show them off!):
Meljen's - Anything Goes
Craft Punked - New baby
Inspire Me Fridays - Linky Party
Simon Says stamp - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Alyce said...

Aww so cute! What a great little mural for your sister's room...too cute :)

Caz said...

Super-cute mural, what a lovely gift.
Hugs
Caz x

Paula said...

what a fantastic idea and gift, i love it!! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

s4rah said...

Lovely project, thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Mandy said...

The wall looks fabulous Emma, great idea.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Robin Parker said...

What a wonderful idea, thanks for sharing on the Meljen;s Design Challenge for Anything Goes.