Sunday, September 30, 2012

Free range chicken

You may be wondering about my post title as my card obviously has nothing to do with chickens.  It's in reference to me - I have resigned both my DT spots and I'm now a free range scrapper.  I'm a little sad at leaving such a great bunch of ladies, but I was beginning to get a little squirrelly about the cards I had to make, so it was time for a break.  Not sure what the future holds - for now, the goal is to continue to post 1-2 times a week, although we shall see how that goes!



For today, I found a super fun challenge at CAS-ual Fridays - to be inspired by your blog design/header. Such a neat idea, and this card came together super fast.  I went with a a very literal interpretation - the lovely gradation of colours.  I also pulled out a SU stamp I bought and never used, shame on me as this stamp is so gorgeous!

Challenges:
Inspiration - CAS-ual Fridays
Anything Goes - Challenges 4 Everybody
Down in the Garden - Joanna Sheen
Floral - The Crafty Pad
Freestyle - Hiding In my Craft Room
Sketch - Clean and Simple
Use a sketch - Opus Gluei

19 comments:

Judith said...

Aw - missing you already Emma and you've hardly gone yet!! -I'll miss the view of your garden on our blog each week!! - love the colours of your card its so my colour scheme x

Dawn Lancaster said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for playing in the Floral Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Teresa Zuehls said...

Love your take on the sketch and fabulous colors too! TFS

Marlena M. said...

Your card AND header are amazing!

Deb said...

Fabulous card! Enjoy your new "free" time to create. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lynn said...

Enjoy your time...I think it is so important we keep the perspective that we craft for fun! I love your card...the inking is absolutely stunning. So glad you could play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Chris D. said...

Beautiful card and great take on the challenge!

Sandie Edwards said...

Gorgeous garden card Emma, thanks for joining us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge!

Kim Ryden said...

Very cute!!! I love the coloring behind your flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Hiding In My Craft Room!

craftygranny said...

That is beautiful hun and lovely colours too. Thanks for joining us at challenges 4 everybody. Hugs Trisha x DT

Mamma Mia said...

Hi Emma - I love the stunning simplicity of this card. Great use of simple colours and your flower stamp is divine. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week for our "Floral" challenge.
Helen x (DT)

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow beautiful tag. I like the colors and the thought to add a definition is perfect. Thanks for sharing and joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

Gini said...

Clever interpretation of what a sketch is, and a pretty card!
Thank you for joining Opus Gluei this fortnight :-)
Gini
xx

Lavender Rose said...

A very stylish card, love the stamped image and colour combination.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, I love your stamp and background. :)
Thanks for joining in with our floral challenge at The Crafty Pad. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

Karen said...

gorgeous...

Angie Tieman said...

Absolutely lovely!! It looks so artsy and my favorite colors! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jana said...

Gorgeous card. So very elegant. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Rosemary said...

Sometimes I think we need to take a step back and get our mojo back - I hope that you are able to enjoy your crafting without feeling like you have a deadline to meet.

Your card is beautiful - clean, simple, and rich in feeling. I love it and I think it is a great addition to our Opus Gluei challenge.

Thanks for playing with us!