Friday, October 5, 2012

First Christmas card

This was supposed to go up last night, but an unexpected power outage derailed my plans.  We suspect someone hit a pole as the phone lines were also down.  It was kind of nice to have an excuse to go to bed early - I needed that!
Luckily, I had finished this card the night before - my first Christmas card of the season!  I paper pieced the image, and then kept the layout simple to showcase it.  I think a little dab of sparkle might brighten it up a bit though - Christmas cards are better with bling!


Challenges:
Sketch + ribbon and bow - Christmas Challenges
Anything Goes - Papertake Weekly
Cute and Cuddly - Tuesday Throwdown
Christmas - Created With Love
 

10 comments:

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Emma this is darling I love the wy you used the cutouts. and that image is just the sweetest, and your coloring is Fab!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda K.

Rose Petal said...

Hello Emma. What a fabulous image and I love the background paper. Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
Sandra xx

Nellos said...

Mooi afdrukje heb je gebruikt.
Prachtig papier en lint.
Al met al een mooie kaart.
Ik ben gelijk volger geworden .

Groetjes Nellos

Sue said...

Gorgeous card,I love this image and the colours.
Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges :)

Samantha said...

Vwhat a nice card. Love your LO and sweet image.
Thanks for playing along with us over at Fashionista's.
Gr. Samantha

Scrappin Mama said...

beautiful card!! so cute love the coloring... Thanks for joining us atCreated With Love Challenges
LisaO

crafty-stamper said...

great card and colouring love the image very cute and cuddly thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
Carol DT x

Jolanda said...

Emma great card did you made and i love your colouring. Thanks for joining the challenge at CCWS. Hope to see you next time

Andrea said...

Fantastic Christmas card! I LOVE your image! Penguins and Polar Bears are my favorites. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Created With Love Challenges.

Nicole said...

Hi Emma, Love your card and the way you poped your stamp up. It gives it just a little bit more. Thanks for joining us at CCWS and I hope we see you again :o)