Saturday, October 20, 2012

It's magic...

Ever have an idea about how a card should turn out and then actually have it work?  I'm not always so fortunate, sometimes my inspirations exceed my abilities!  This slider card came about as I was looking through my Cat's Pajamas Stamps and thought that literally having a bunny coming out of the hat would be fun.
The hardest part was finding the template, as there's a bunch of different slider cards out there.  (Sorry, I should have saved the link and now I can't find it again!)  To make this card, you cut 2 slits in your paper and add a loop of paper through them that will slide up and down.  Then you just have to make sure you don't put any sticky behind the slits or it won't work!  (If you look closely, just can see the slits behind the pull tab.)  Pure magic!

Slider tucked in

Slider pulled out
Challenges:
Inspiration Photo - Dancing in Pajamas (fall colours, although I think that challenges is over)
Sketch - Pals Paper Arts
Don't Worry be Happy - Daring Cardmakers (This is a happy birthday card, although magic makes me happy too!)
Anything Goes - Fussy and Fancy
Z for Zoo - Alphabet Challenges
Animals Gone Wild - Mema's Crafts
Setting an Example (matching quote/picture) - 365 Cards
Add some bling - Papercrafting Journey


13 comments:

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is such a wonderful card. This is amazing.
I so love it.

Caz said...

Brilliant card Emma. Absolutely love it.
Hugs
Caz x

Linda Callahan said...

Magical and absolutely adorable! This bunny is sooooo cute!

WitchyFingers said...

What a great card, I'm definitely going to have to give this a go!

WitchyFingers said...

Oh, and we've used the same blog header too :-)

Michelle Looi said...

This is too cute! love the bunny in the hat!
Thanks for sharing at 365cards!
~Michelle

Dora said...

Aww this is so fun, what a fabulous idea and well done too, love it xxx

Mema's Crafts said...

What an inspiration for a slider card. Your's turned out rather well I think and it is a cutie. Thank you for sharing this with us at Mema's Crafts. Good luck in the draw and if you don't win this time remember we have monthly challenges and bonus challenges along the way so visit often.

Hugz
Lesia

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a great card and I love the bunny! Thank you for joining us at ABC's challenge. Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in our next challenge!

Jenn said...

Great card, having the rabbit come out of the hat is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fantastic! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Wendy said...

Thank you for entering our Bling it up challenge over at
The Paper Crafting Journey !

I have some BLOG CANDY
on my blog if you are interested! The Prize is going to be either 1 x $100 or 2 x $50 Whimsy Gift Certificates.

Hugs,
Wendy

shell said...

Oh wow this is so cool, thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy this week.
Shell xx