Sunday, October 14, 2012

Special delivery

Oh, what a gloomy, rainy Sunday it is here in Ottawa - a perfect day for crafting I think!  I finished my 2nd Christmas card of the year (whoo hoo!) and I thought I better get my butt in gear and post it since I have not posted in a week.  I have noticed that with no DT deadlines to make, the call of the horizontal position on the couch has been quite loud and I have not been crafting as much.


This card was for the October Sketch for You to Try - I found it a bit tricky as I couldn't figure out what bits to stick out from behind my image.  After playing around a bit with envelopes, I dug out this Portobello Road postage set that my Mum brought back from England.  The postage stamps and the 'happy mail' sentiment really went well with the Lily of the Valley image, and I think it turned out pretty cute.  Two Christmas cards down, many more to go!

Challenges:
Sketch - October Sketch for you to Try
Classic Christmas - Lili's Little Fairies
Anything Goes - 2 Sister's Challenges
Touch of red - CMC Copic challenge group
Anything Goes - Christmas Stampin' All Year Long
Dogs + dies/punches - Fun with Shapes and More (postage stamp border die)
Simply Cute - PaperPlay challenges
Snowflakes - Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge


12 comments:

Jayne A said...

This is just so cute. I know what you mean about the call of the sofa. It's been calling me a lot lately too!

Hugs
Jayne

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card and what could be better than crafting on a damp day! thanks for joining us at Lilis Little Fairies challenge, Mary G x

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card and what could be better than crafting on a damp day! thanks for joining us at Lilis Little Fairies challenge, Mary G x

Caz said...

Love this Emma. What an adorable image and fab layout.
Hugs
Caz x

chrissy xx said...

Super cute image, FABulous colours too. Thank you soooo much for joining us this week at CSAYL.
Chrissyxx

Scratch Cards Printing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hazel said...

Lovely card with a cute image. It would fit well for my CHNC challenge 94 'snowflakes' - I'd love to see you link it there x

Hazel said...

thanks for linking - hope to see you again soon x

Heather said...

This is SOOOOOOOOO cute! I love that image, and your "envelopes" sticking out behind are perfect! I'm glad you resisted the pull of the couch. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Jenn said...

Oh Goodness this is just adorable! I love your coloring!

Thank you for joining us at CMC! Hope to see you back soon.

Jenn
DT

Seija said...

Oh, it's a so sweet wintertime card and a relay cute Image! Thanks for playing with us at shapes and more!
XOXO Michi

Fabiola said...

hello, you card is to cute and sweet, thanks to play with us at CSAYL, hope to see you next week.